46. view

wooyoung wasn't sure about a lot of things pertaining to feelings. he had never liked someone before in a way that was beyond friendship. he never experienced fireworks or butterflies. he never wanted to be around someone so badly and missed them so desperately when they weren't around.

for years and years, wooyoung believed he was destined to be alone. he constantly pushed and pushed people away, burying himself in his work and staying in his solitude. he never thought that someone would come into his life and change his mindset.

san was someone special, maybe wooyoung needed san all this time and never really knew it until this exact moment. in the beginning, wooyoung played along, not expecting the initial feelings he had for san to grow because he never believed someone like san could ever like him.

wooyoung never outwardly expressed to san how he felt because he didn't know how to decipher his own feelings. little by little, day by day, wooyoung found himself falling deeper for san.

and san? san was the dream guy. so caring, so passionate, so careful. even though wooyoung had his own skepticism on the truthfulness of san's feelings for him, wooyoung couldn't deny it anymore. it was clearer than day that san really liked him, he even cried for him.

and so, wooyoung couldn't hold back anymore. seeing the look on san's face broke down every wall that wooyoung built up. it would take time for wooyoung to get used to these fluttery feelings but it felt so relieving to finally say it out loud.

that he liked san. he didn't mean to like san, but he did. wooyoung liked san so much.

"you what?" san stared at wooyoung in shock. typically, this is the point where wooyoung would act like he didn't say anything or convince san that he misunderstood, but wooyoung didn't feel the urge to do that anymore. it wasn't fair to san and it wasn't fair to himself either. wooyoung should be able to express his feelings without feeling weird or embarrassed about it.

wooyoung grabbed one of san's hands in his own and gently squeezed it, "i like you, san" he spoke more confidently this time, "i really like you".

that was all it took for san to swoop wooyoung into another kiss. he grabbed onto wooyoung's waist, pulling him in closer until their bodies morphed into one.

wooyoung smiled, this felt safe, it felt good. the world disappeared for a moment and wooyoung truly only saw san.

"you don't know how long i've been waiting to hear you say that" san whispered as he pulled away.

"i'm sorry that it took so long. i liked you for a while now but i'm not that good at expressing myself and-" he was rambling on and san started to laugh.

wooyoung frowned, what was so funny? here wooyoung was, pouring out his feelings for the first time and san was...laughing at him?

"you're so cute" san chuckled, wrapping his arms around wooyoung and hugging him tight.

"i'm being serious, san" wooyoung whined. he seriously doubted that he'd have another opportunity where he had the courage to tell san how he felt.

"i know, wooyoung. you don't have to say anything" san tightened his grip and kissed the top of wooyoung's head.

wooyoung pouted but eventually hugged san back. he reassured himself that he would have other chances as long as san stayed with him.