Chapter 7

*My POV*

Neytiri, Tsu'tey and I waited one morning in the village, rather annoyed. Jake wasn't in bed this morning and so far, he was nowhere to be seen. He was late for lessons.

"How's it going?" Jasiri asked as her and Stitch approached us.

"Fine." Neytiri shrugged. "Jake is no where to be see. He's late for lessons." Neytiri rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Tsu'tey was pissed as well, but I found this odd.

"He has a good reason." Stitch shrugged and we looked at her surprised. We narrowed our eyes at her and they let out grins, looking over our shoulders.

"What?" We asked and turned. When we did we gasped.

Jake and Grace were walking into the village together. Not a single warrior stopped them. Neytiri and Tsu'tey looked at their siblings and back at Jake and Grace. Large smiles crept onto their faces and they ran towards them with me, Stitch and Jasiri on their heels.

"I see you, Neytiri, Tsu'tey." Grace greeted them and they laughed.

"We see you, Grace." They said.

Quickly they pulled her in for a hug, which she gratefully accepted. Stitch and Jasir quickly after. This was the first time since her school had closed down that they had seen her and were able to speak to her. 

I was standing next to Jake. "You convinced Mo'at?" I asked. He smiles and nods.

Neytiri and Tsu'tey looked at Jake and I, Jake was grinning down at Neytiri, Tsu'tey and I.

"How did you get her here?" Neytiri asked with a raised brow.

"Last night after dinner. I convinced Mo'at into letting Grace come back." He shrugged.

We watched Stitch and Jasiri drag her closer towards some of her old students who approached with just as much happiness as we had shown her.

Tsu'tey smiled and picked me up and had me on his back as I laughed happily.

"I see you. Wow. Look how big you are." Grace greeted the children that began surrounding her. "Oh, you are so pretty." Neytiri, Tsu'tey and I turned and looked at Jake's face studying him for a movement.

"What? Do I have more mud on my face?" He asked with a groan of annoyance. His hands traveling to his face to rub it off.

"No. No mud." Neytiri frowned slightly. "Why? Why help bring Grace?"

"Why did I help her get welcomed back?" Jake asked confused by her expression as Tsu'tey and I watched. Jake rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I, uh, saw pictures of you guys and Grace from a long time ago. I know you don't open up to me much, but remember when you mentioned missing her? I-I wanted to do something nice for you and Grace." Jake mumbled. 

"Y-You did this. For us?" Tsu'tey asked shocked and he nodded with a shrug.

Neytiri, Tsu'tey and I was so overcome with emotion at the kind gesture, that we leapt forward and laughed, wrapping our arms around his torso. Jake stiffened for a moment, before quickly returning the gesture, wrapping his arms around Neytiri, Tsu'tey and I and letting out a content sigh.

The sparks raged between us and Neytiri, Tsu'tey and I pulled away after a moment, before clearing our throats as our eyes met. There was something in them this time that we weren't used to seeing. We all blushed and moved a few paces away from each other.

Down the tree line Neytiri and Tsu'tey could see Ryan and Skylar stiff, with an annoyed scowl on their faces. Neytiri and Tsu'tey sighed and reminded themselves, they could not fall for Jake and I. That simply wasn't meant to happen....