Chapter 9

*My POV*

The next morning, everything was peaceful and perfect. I was asleep in Tsu'tey, Jake and Neytiri's arms. Our position had changed, with Tsu'tey and Jake behind me, and Neytiri in front of me, arms draped over my side and my head on their arms like a pillow.

Their heads gently resting on mine. Until I felt a shooting pain through my soul. I gasped and opened my eyes quickly, Tsu'tey shot up with me. Neytiri also woke up, but Jake didn't. We hear the sounds of peeping, meaning RDA machinery was close. The pain stung again, even worse this time and I screamed in pain.

The three of us quickly got up and looked behind us to see through the trees were giant bulldozers coming straight for us. Tearing down any trees in their path. The pain was the worse I had ever felt and I sobbed seeing the Ancient Trees of Voices being torn down.

We looked down at Jake's peaceful sleeping body and Neytiri began to shake him desperately with both hands. I clutched my stomach.

"Jake!" Neytiri cried out through her tears as we tried to help her. "Ma Jake, please! Wake up!" Neytiri and Tsu'tey begged.

"Come on, Jake! Now's not the time to talk!" I begged as I cried out in pain, as Tsu'tey and Neytiri tried to sooth me, but it didn't work with all the destruction.

"Don't forget your phase interrogation." Norm said to human Jake as he climbed into the pod, preparing the monitors himself to link back to his Avatar. "No, no, the middle button." He explained as he wheelied himself in Jake's wheelchair.

"Jake!" Grace called out to him. "You gotta eat something." She walked around the corner with a plate and a glass for him.

"Yeah, there ya go." Norm nodded.

"Jake! Jake, wake up! Jake, please!" Neytiri begged, as I cried, but it was clear he wasn't coming too any time soon. The bulldozers were approaching and we weren't about to let them run him over. So we stood up and wrapped our arms under his and began to pull him backwards with us.

"Don't make me fore feed a cripple." Grace chuckled alongside Jake and Norm.

"Grace, I don't want...Hey!" Jake protested as she shut down the pod machine. He wanted noting more than to return to his body and get back to Neytiri, Tsu'tey and me.

Trees began to fall around us and I grunted, bending down in pain and a tree fell, nearly falling onto Tsu'tey's legs, but he held me up as he was worried for me, the three of us focused on Jake for now. We pulled with all our strength we had in us trying to get him to safety.

Jake sat on the pod and scarfed down the scrambled eggs Grace had made him. She chuckled watching him eat. 

There was a large trunk on the ground and Neytiri and Tsu'tey forced myself first, before reaching back down and grabbing Jake's arm, pulling his body as hard as she could up towards theirs. If he didn't wake up soon, we'd all be dead. The bulldozers approached closer and closer, knocking down everything in their path.

I panicked seeing the machines coming, but even more so seeing the Ampsuits, carrying large guns and soldiers walking alongside them on the ground.

"Jake, Jake. Please!" I hissed as Neytiri and Tsu'tey grabbed his belt and pulled.

Jake swallowed down the milk and handed the plate and cup back to Grace. Norm began setting up the link monitors again.

"Here, I'm done." Jake said quickly. "Let's go."

"And when was the last time you took a shower?" Grace asked as he laid down in the pod. She lifted his shirt and scrunched her nose.

"I don't need a shower!" Jake said.