Chapter 38 - Denial

I chuckled softly, "Oh well, Moon carried me up here..." He nodded slowly. "So could you uh... help me get back down? You guys haven't told me how to get up and down from here other than your wire or jumping."

He just stared at the floor. "Sunny?" He immediately looked up at me and smiled. "S-Sorry Sunshine! What did you say?"

I sighed, "What's wrong?" He chuckled nervously like he was avoiding that. "Nothing! I was just talking to Moon!" "About what?" "Uhm..."

He just sat there and looked away. I stood up and approached him, "Sunny... What were you talking about?" He glanced back up and me for a second but couldn't hold my gaze.

"It's just... we made a deal that we wouldn't bring you here... not until..." I stared at him, waiting for him to continue, "Until...?" He looked up at me, "Moon said not to say..."

I sighed and put a hand on his cheek. "Sunny, you don't always have to listen to what Moon says." He nodded but didn't look any happier, "Yes, well... I also don't think we should tell you..."

I smile, trying to make him feel better. I really want to know what they're hiding from me but I don't want to force the information out of them. "It's alright, you don't have to tell me."

That seemed to brighten his mood because he suddenly picked me up. Why must they do this? I shall never know. "Hold on Sunshine!" He yelled as he started towards the balcony. "WAIT SUN DON'T—"

I was cut off as he leapt over the edge. He may be used to this, but I sure as hell wasn't. I screamed all the way down, which caused the kids who were either looking for me and Sun, or running around, to turn towards where the screaming was coming from.

We landed into the ballpit. Yes, we were safe, completely fine, and it was actually a bit fun now that it was over, BUT that doesn't excuse him for jumping off a balcony with me.

He lifted me and put me down, out of the ballpit. "Sun! What the fuck was that f—" Sundrop put a finger to my mouth, "Language Miss Y/N!" I forgot what my name sounded like with his voice.

I scoffed, "Why would you jump like that? It scared me half to death." I don't think he realized what was going on until now. He quickly stood up, out of the ballpit. "Sunshine! I'm so sorry! I should've asked you about that first!"

He kept muttering apologies while I turned around to see a few of the kids.

"Miss Y/N, what were you doing in Sunny's room??"

"Why were you screaming?"

"What was it like to jump off the balcony like Sunny?"

I was being bombarded with questions but there was one that I definitely heard.

"Miss Y/N! Do you have a crush on Sunny?"

I chuckled nervously, "No sweetie, you shouldn't assume things like that without reason."

The kid frowned. "I do have reason! You were in his bedroom alone with him and your face turns red around him!" Is that true? Does my face really turn red around him? Nah. He's an animatronic and a coworker.

No. Sun is more than just that. He's my friend. Has been since I was a child. So is Moon. "Sorry kid, I definitely don't have a crush on Sunny." The kid giggled, "You're an adult and called him Sunny!"

I hadn't even realized I did that. I just... did. "Well... We've been friends for a long time so if anything, I called him Sunny before all of you. So maybe it's not as childish as you thought."

The kid crossed his arms, "Whatever! Don't say I didn't tell you so when you two are together! Remember, I called it!" I laughed at that, "Alright then."

I don't think Sun had heard any of the conversation because when I turned around he wasn't anywhere to be found. I realized that he was helping a child a bit farther away.

The little kid. What he said... I started thinking about when Moon had pushed me down on the bed. At the time I felt hot, I thought it was because I was wearing a long sleeve. I mean, yes, that was probably part of it. But could it have been anything else...?

Nope. Anyways, back to work. I ran over to Sun and the children, helping out as much as I could. If only I knew what was to come. Sigh.

To be continued in Chapter 39