One

Liam's POV

"Ring, ring, ring" my cellphone rang. I picked it up to see who was calling. Well, it's my mom.

"Hello mom, good morning," I said while tidying up my bed.

"Hey Liam, my son! How are you? You haven't visited us at home, huh? You're always in your dorm. We missed you." she said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

It's been a while since I've been home because there's not much to do there. My annoying sister is always there.

"Are you coming home tomorrow? We have a small gathering! Do you remember my friend that I always talking about? She's coming back from the States and this is where she wants to visit first. It's been a long time since we last saw each other," she said.

I checked my schedule on the calendar and it looks like I'm free tomorrow.

"Sure mom, I'll come tomorrow. But I hope I don't see Dea's face there, it's disgusting, eww!" I jokingly said, pretending to gag.

"Hey Liam, I can hear you! Remember, I'm still your older sister!" she shouted through the phone. Her voice alone gives me goosebumps.

"Yeah, yeah, I remember. And you're getting old, that's why you don't have a boyfriend" I retorted.

"Okay, stop it, you two! The neighbors might think we have enemies here." my mom interrupted our banter, laughing.

"I'll prepare your favorite dish, Liam! You better come, or else!" my mom threatened.

"Yeah mom, I know what you're capable of, HAHAHAHA." I said, laughing along.

"We'll wait for you," she said before I hung up.

I yawned and stretched my body. I don't have classes today because it's Saturday, but I'm going to the gym.

I quickly showered and put on my gym outfit.

I left my dorm and bumped into Elias, who seems to be heading to the same place.

"Hey, bro, where are you off to?" I asked.

"Hey, I'm going to the gym to pick up some girls" he said, and I laugh.

"It seems like you don't believe me, huh? But I'm handsome, you know!" he replied, slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah, you're handsome, but what will you get from your looks? You have a different girl almost every day," I said, barely able to hold back my laughter.

"That's how it is when you have a handsome friend," he said.

We headed to the gym and placed our stuff in the locker room. Elias left first while I was still organizing my things. My towel fell and as I was about to pick it up, someone picked it up for me. I was so busy I didn't even notice who it was.

"Thanks, bro," I said, looking around, but there was no one there. What the heck? Am I being haunted?

I shrugged it off and went to the gym floor.

The rhythmic clinking of weights, the hum of treadmills, and the chatter of gym-goers filled the air. Beside me, Elias was already deep in conversation, his animated gestures punctuating his stories.

"Man, you should've seen it," Elias said, his eyes wide with excitement.

"I was at this party last night, and there was this girl-"I chuckled, shaking my head as I interrupted.

"Let me guess, another 'girl of your dreams'?" Elias grinned, giving me a playful shove.

"Hey, you know me. I've got a way with the ladies." he said and I simply ignored him.

The weight room called, and I answered eagerly. Beginning with my warm-up stretches, I prepared my body for the upcoming workout. Amidst the routine, I caught sight of a girl heading towards the treadmill. Her smile sent a flutter through me, but I shook it off. Focus was key now; distractions had to wait.

"Do you have anything planned for tomorrow?" Elias asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to my parents' house. Why do you ask?" I replied, placing the barbell back in its place.

"Because Julius invited us to a party at his place," he said.

"Ah, I'll see if I can make it," I said, wiping off the sweat.

The girl from before approached me and asked for my name.

"Hi, I'm Yuna, and you?" she asked. She was pretty and had a nice figure, but I wasn't in the mood to flirt, cause I'm so tired. So I ignored her.

"He's Liam," Elias answered. The girl left looking annoyed. Elias came up to me and whispered.

"What's your problem now, bro? That was a girl!"

"I'm just not a womanizer like you," I joked, smiling.

"You really never change, such a waste!" he said, shaking his head.

As we headed back to the dorm, I remembered to ask Elias about the strange incident earlier.

"Hey, did you see anyone else go into the locker room while I was still inside?" I asked, curious about the mysterious helper who had picked up my towel.

"Hmm, a lot of people went in at that time," Elias mused, scratching his head. "I didn't really notice anyone's face. Why?"

"Nothing, it was just weird earlier," I replied, shrugging it off for the moment.

Back in the dorm, I headed straight for the shower, eager to wash away the sweat and grime of the intense workout. The warm water was a welcome relief to my tired muscles, and I took my time, letting the tension melt away.

After the shower, I collapsed onto the couch with a contented sigh, my muscles protesting with every movement. I grabbed my phone, intending to unwind with some mindless scrolling through social media.

But as I scrolled through my Facebook feed, something caught my eye. A notification from Nathan Isaac Martinez.

Argh, why are we still friends on Facebook? When did I even accept this?

I clicked on his profile, intending to finally block him. But then I noticed something that made my blood run cold.

Nathan Isaac Martinez posted a photo 28 minutes ago.

WHAT THE HECK?! HE WAS THERE EARLIER? HOW THE HELL I DIDN'T NOTICE HIM!

I sat up straight, my mind racing. Nathan, had been at the gym too. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

WHAT AN ANNOYING CREATURE.