Five

Liam's POV

I woke up early today, but I noticed that annoying guy was no longer on the floor. I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower because I have school today.

Well, I hate Mondays.

I went downstairs, intending to go to the kitchen when I noticed someone here. My parents and my annoying sister, Dea, aren't awake yet, so this person might be a thief.

I cautiously walked towards the kitchen. I hid behind the wall and tried to peek, but...

"AHH!" I shouted in surprise, almost hitting my head, but he caught me. I quickly pulled away from him.

"Who the hell are you?!" I asked because I don't know him personally.

"Oh hello, I'm Troy. Nathan's friend," he said.

WOW.

Nathan acts like he owns the place.

"And who said you could just walk in here without us knowing?" I asked angrily.

"Uh, Nathan said he told your mom earlier," he calmly replied.

"I don't care. Where's your annoying friend?" I asked, turning away.

I was surprised when someone suddenly came out of the bathroom kitchen wearing a towel.

I glanced at his body and couldn't help but compare it to mine. Well, I'm more handsome, I have abs, I have more muscles.

"I might melt," he said softly, but it was obvious that he was teasing me.

"Hey, who told you that you could let anyone in here?" I asked Nathan.

"I asked your mom this morning, she agreed. I'm not very familiar here yet because mom just brought me here yesterday," he explained.

I ignored him and made myself a sandwich and brewed black coffee for breakfast.

While I was eating, Troy offered me the salad he made.

"Is that all you're going to eat for breakfast? Black coffee, really? Won't your stomach hurt?" he commented.

"I'm in a hurry, Troy or whatever your name is. Okay?" I said.

"Try this, you might like it," he said, giving me a bit on a plate.

I tasted it because I didn't want to be bothered. I was already annoyed with the other guy, and now this one adds to it.

I couldn't deny that...

"Hmm, it's okay. Pretty decent for breakfast," I replied, taking another bite, and he smiled.

"Where did you learn to cook? Is culinary your course?" I asked him as I continued eating.

"No, actually, I took up Engineering, but who knows? Maybe I'll open my own restaurant someday," he explained. "Oh, about cooking, I learned it from my mother. She's a professional chef and has her own restaurant," he added.

"Wow dude, cooking really runs in your family, why haven't you pursued being a chef?" I asked again. He really is good at cooking.

"That's my second choice if I fail as an engineering student, but if I pass, maybe I'll take a double degree," he said and took a sip of water. "How about you? What course are you taking?"

"Me? I took up Business Administration, I really want to be a businessman," I answered and took a sip of water because I was full. The food was so delicious!