Four

Liam's POV

"Ding, dong" I pressed the doorbell and the door opened.

"Oh hey, bro, I thought you couldn't make it?" Julius asked.

"Something happened at home, anyway I don't want to talk about it, it's irritating. So, what's going on?" I asked as I entered.

Julius' house was filled with disco balls and lights in the entire living room. Among the four of us, he was the richest. His parents were in the states and just sent him an allowance every week.

"Nothing much, just having some fun. Elias and Gino are here. Let me grab some beer first," he said.

I looked for Elias and Gino, there were quite a few people here so I had a hard time to find them.

"Hey, Liam! Glad you could make it, come sit down," Elias greeted me as I sat down next to him.

"Just annoyed at home, there's this huge fly that keeps following me around," I sarcastically replied.

"Seriously, a fly?" Gino teased and I just shook my head.

Julius arrived with a case of beer and I grabbed one too.

"So, you're really not going to tell us what happened to you?" Gino shouted because the music was quite loud.

"Not now, let's just enjoy the moment. Cheers!" I said and took a sip of beer.

Midway through our drinks, I was starting to feel a bit dizzy but because of the great music, I started dancing too.

I invited Elias to join me in dancing because Julius and Gino had been dancing since earlier.

"You're drunk!" Elias said but I couldn't quite understand.

"What?" I asked as I danced.

He came closer to me and held my waist.

"I said, you're drunk. Enough, I'll take you home," he whispered in my ear but I shook my head.

"Not yet! I want to keep dancing and drinking! Woo!" I said, dancing along to the music.

Later on, he pulled me out of Julius' house and into his car.

"I'm not even drunk!" I said.

"No one drunk ever admits it, Liam," he said. "I'm taking you home, pray that your mom and sister are asleep, or else you'll get scolded."

I just rested in the car as we headed towards my mom's house.

"Liam, Liam?" I heard Elias calling me.

I must have fallen asleep. I was feeling a bit better now but my head was hurting.

We got out of the car and Elias escorted me to my room. Just as we were about to enter...

"Are you drunk?"

"You, why are you still here?" I asked irritably, my voice a bit soft so as not to wake my mom in the next room.

"Your cousin?" Elias asked and I shook my head.

"No, and I don't know him," I said to Elias. "You should go home too. It's already late, and we have class tomorrow."

"Okay then, are you sure you want me to leave? It might not be safe for you," he pointed to Nathan.

"I'll handle it, go and get some rest," I bid Elias goodbye and he left immediately.

I entered my room and saw this annoying guy lying on the floor.

"Who let you enter into my room?" I asked, my voice a bit lower because I didn't want to wake my mom that is in the next room.

"Your mom," was his short reply.

"They agreed, but did I agree? And why haven't you gone home yet? Where's your mom?" I asked.

"Oh, she said I could ride with you to campus tomorrow and spend the night here. She said I could go home tomorrow," he said.

Wow, what is this, my room or a hotel?

Since my head was hurting, I didn't bother arguing and just lay down.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Who was what?" I replied.

"The one who had his arm around you earlier," he said.

"A friend, and why do you care?" I replied grumpily.

"Ah, a friend," he said.

"You know what, can you just be quiet? I want to rest. I came to the party so I wouldn't see you when I got home, but it turns out you're still here. Just my luck!" I said irritably.

He didn't say anything and I fell asleep. I'll deal with this tomorrow.

Elias' POV

We were in the middle of drinking when Liam suddenly invited me to dance. He pulled me up to stand and started dancing.

"You're drunk!" I said, but it seemed like he couldn't understand me.

"What?" he asked as he danced.

I approached him, put my hand on his waist, and leaned closer to his ear.

"I said, you're drunk. Enough, I'll take you home," I whispered to him, but he just shook his head.

"Not yet! I want to keep dancing and drinking! Woo!" He said, dancing along to the music.

I took a deep breath because he was really persistent when he's drunk.

After a while, I finally dragged him out of Julius' house and into the car.

"I'm not even drunk!" he said. Yes, he wasn't drunk but he was already dozing off and being quite stubborn.

"No one drunk ever admits it, Liam," I said. "I'm taking you home, pray that your mom and sister are asleep, or you'll get scolded."

He didn't waste any time arguing with me, instead, he just fell asleep.

No wonder he still doesn't have a girlfriend with this kind of behavior.

When we arrived at his parents' house, I woke him up.

"Liam, Liam?" I softly called out to him, and he woke up immediately.

I slowly helped Liam out of the car and accompanied him inside their house.

As we were approaching his room, the door suddenly opened. I was surprised to see this guy here.

"Are you drunk?" the guy asked Liam.

"You, why are you still here?" Liam replied.

"Your cousin?" I asked and looked at the guy in front of us.

"No, and I don't know him," Liam said. "You should go home too. It's already late, and we have class tomorrow."

"Okay then, are you sure you want me to leave? It might not be safe for you" I said, pointing to the guy inside his room.

"I'll handle it, go and get some rest" Liam said, bidding me farewell with a wave.

I entered the car and looked at the picture in my wallet. Hmm, what a small world. Of all the places and time, you really chose to show up now.

Nathan Isaac Martinez, you're really getting on my nerves.