Contradictions

"What's happening here, Ayanokouji-kun...?"

I stared at Ayanokouji-kun and... The beige hair girl with a blank stare. I had been following Ayanokouji-kun for a while now, as I had suspicions about him.

But I never expected this. Ayanokouji-kun told me that he was going to meet a friend from Class D, but so far he has only been following this person.

Not only that, but he was threatened to be accused of rape. If I hadn't been here, it could have gone really bad for him, as I could serve as a witness if she were to ever accuse him.

"Shiina." He called out to me in his monotonous voice. Not a hint of worry or concern in it.

Not in his voice, and not in his eyes either.

Ayanokouji-kun put his free hand into his pocket.

"Wha... What is this...?!" The beige-haired woman yelled. "Were you trying to trap me?! Is that what this is?!"

She started laughing to herself as she wore a terrifying expression on her face.

"No matter... It's not like one witness can do anything... After all, I still have the fingerprints on my jacket... Hehe..." She let go of Ayanokouji-kun's hand which was on her breast.

"Um... Sorry... I don't know who you are, or what you want... But there is security footage by the mall which shows me following you and Ayanokouji-kun. If you ever report this, then my word would still be as valuable as yours."

"I don't care? I have his fingerprints right here. Your word is not going to do shit as long as it's on here." She retorted.

"Kushida. You have my word, neither Shiina nor I will speak a word of what we saw. In return, don't report me."

"Hehe, you might be right. After all, you were only to capture a mere half second because you were being such an idiot leaving the flash on. But still, there's nothing wrong with getting rid of some class competition and using this to expel you."

"You might be right. But do you really want to do that?" Ayanokouji-kun said something that seemed to unnerve the girl named Kushida-san.

"... What do you mean by that...?"

"Class D. The lowest ranking class in our year. Filled with defects, and it seems clear to me. You lost all of your class points within a month. Do you really want to get rid of some valuable potential partnerships...?"

"... Tch." It seems Kushida-san understands what he is saying. If she were to attempt to get rid of Ayanokouji-kun, then it would ensure that the tyrant that Ryuuen is would attempt to retaliate.

If Ayanokouji-kun were gone, then possible underhanded relations between Kushida-san and Class C would cease to exist.

"If you were to expel me, Class C would never assist you. Class C is capable of committing underhanded acts that may work in your favour, understand what I mean?"

"... Tch. Yes I do, fucking asshole." She looked away with anger and then muttered under her breath "So he's from Class C... Not good..."

"You can keep your evidence if you want, but I highly advise that you don't use it." Ayanokouji-kun stated as calm as ever.

"... Fine. I won't. But I need a guarantee that you won't speak of my rantings. You don't have any evidence against me, but it would cause me a great trouble if even one person knew about it. Besides, if I were to report you, whats guaranteeing that Ryuuen-kun retaliates? To me it seems you are just an average person who sticks your nose into people's business."

Ayanokouji-kun may not be what people think he is. From this interaction alone, he is displaying more intelligence than his academics imply.

"Kushida-san, pardon my interruption, but even if Ayanokouji-kun is considered average, I don't believe that Ryuuen-kun is the type of person to let things go." I doubt my own words. Lately I can't get the idea out of my head that Ayanokouji-kun may be more important than anyone first expects.