Inequality

"Well then, I would now like to discuss the violent incident that occurred last Tuesday with the members of the student council, the involved parties, and their homeroom teachers. You may begin the proceedings, student council secretary Tachibana." My brother began the meeting.

Secretary Tachibana-san, who had short purple hair, slightly bowed.

I glanced my eyes at my brother, who didn't spare an ounce of his attention towards my presence. His full attention was on the documents that were on his desk.

I decided to help Sudou-kun out of Ayanokouji-kun's recommendations—in hopes that my brother would acknowledge me even just a bit.

It seems that wouldn't be the case.

I averted my eyes away from him, attempting to divert my attention to Class C's students, who looked annoyed at the situation.

However, no matter how much I tried to look away— the trembling wouldn't stop.

Secretary Tachibana-san summarized the situation from both sides in an easy-to-understand manner.

"Based on the aforementioned facts, we would like for you to identify which version of the events were true." After completing her explanation, Secretary Tachibana-san turned towards Sudou-kun and I. "Komiya-kun and two other members of the basketball club went to the special building after Sudou-kun called them there. There, they claim to have been beaten up in a one-sided brawl, was this true?"

"What they said was a lie." Sudou-kun responded with a slight hint of irritation. "That day, Komiya and Kondou called me over to the special building. Honestly, it was kinda annoying but I also thought it might've been because they were always hostile towards me. So that's why I went." Sudou-kun explained.

Sudou-kun's ways of speaking generally disgust me. It was way too casual and always seemed to get him in trouble because of his tone.

I would usually make a displeasured face, or ignore him entirely. However, right now, all I can think about is why won't my body stop shaking.

"That's a lie. Sudou-kun called us over to the special building." The one named Komiya-kun retorted.

"Don't fuckin' screw with me, Komiya! You were the one who called me over you bastard!" Sudo stood up from his chair and yelled.

"You don't seem to understand what position you are in here." Komiya-kun responded.

Sudou-kun clicked his tongue and sat back down.

He stuck his desk in pure impulsiveness.

This is why I thought defending him would be useless.

"Please calm down, Sudou-kun. Right now, we're merely listening to both sides of the story. Komiya-kun, we ask that you please do not interrupt and wait your turn." Secretary Tachibana-san attempted to intervene. She went on to continue by mentioning, "Although both sides have different stories, there is a commonality that there was a dispute between both parties?"

"I wouldn't call it simply a dispute, cause Sudou-kun is always picking fights with us." Komiya-kun responded.

"Hah?? Picking fights?!" Sudou-kun yelled back.

"Sudou's... Sudou's better at basketball than we are, so he's always bragging about it. We practice with all we got, but he's always putting us down, so we butt heads often." The one named Kondou-kun spoke up.

"Not one bit that those guys are saying is true! They're just jealous of my talent, and always getting in my way cuz of it. That's the truth." Sudou-kun retaliated.