Learning

A/N: Bit of a shorter chapter than usual. It's sort of an in-between, but important chapter. I need some calm before the storm that is Kamino.

...~AIV~...

(Many Hours Later: Amidala General Hospital: Izuku's Room)

"He still out?"

Kyouka nodded as she used her jack to place her phone down on the windowsill. A phone call on her jacks was basically torture at the moment. Her jacks were still fluctuating, but it was far less frequent, which hopefully meant One For All was fully settling in. She rested her hand down on Izuku's leg, watching his chest rise and fall with his slow breathing. "Like a light."

"Damn," All Might sighed on the other line. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised after what you told me he went through. How are you holding up? Didn't the rest of your class already get discharged?"

Everything he went through, except the One For All awakening, split...thing.

That wasn't an over-the-phone conversation. That wasn't even a "Just Kyouka" conversation. She absolutely needed Izuku for that. She could just repeat back to All Might what Nana had said, but this involved both of them in every way possible. Besides, All Might really didn't need this piled onto all the stress he was under.

She and Izuku also had some decisions to discuss before talking to All Might about all this. They had a lot of careful steps to make going forwards. Nothing would be the same.

"I'll be just fine. I'm getting discharged tomorrow morning. I'm staying the extra day for him, but I can push it so far. How's the raid party coming along?"

"Eh, slower than I would want, but...at the same time I don't want things to ever be ready."

"You really think he'll be there?"

"I don't know. I hope not, but with our luck? I wouldn't bet against it. Speaking of which, I..." All Might trailed off, with Kyouka able to hear him pace back and forth. "Nevermind. I'll hold out hope that Young Midoriya wakes up before tomorrow night. I've gotta get back into the station, but call me if he wakes up, okay?"

"Of course. Later, All Might." She walked back over to the windowsill and hung up, pressing her forehead against the cool glass. They just got out of the fire, and yet she had a strong feeling that the flame was about to spark an explosion. Walking back to the bed, Kyouka ran a hand through Izuku's hair, sighing as she sat down on the bed, "What am I going to do with you?"

"Mm, you were right." Kyouka's eyes widened as Izuku's opened, blinking away the blurriness in his vision as his hoarse voice came out. "I'm going to be hearing that for the rest of my life."

"He-! Hehehe!" Kyouka wasted no time in leaning down and kissing him, burying her face into the crook of his neck. "And I'll be there to keep asking it."

Izuku couldn't hug back with his casted up arms, so he just tried to embrace her warmth, "How long have I been out?"

"Nearly two days," Kyouka pulled back, hand on Izuku's chest. "You've woken up a few times, but only for a few seconds at best."

"Mn, I don't remember. I'm still so tired. And starving. Are you okay?"

"I'm just fine," Kyouka shrugged. "Don't worry about me, I was looked at a long time ago. Do you want me to call the doctor in?"

"Mm-mm, not yet," Izuku shook his head, a big yawn escaping his throat. "I assume we have plenty to talk about, and we should do it while we have the privacy."