Six

Ch. 6

It was almost seven now, I had three cups of coffee already so my nerves were shot. My leg seemed to be bouncing on its own, while I watched the door like a hawk. Maybe she wasn't coming? Though I can't see why she would stand me up? Unless whoever was with her last night ruined our plans. The thought of not seeing her made my stomach ache. Not to mention it only fueled my anger I was trying so hard to keep at bay. "Fuck" I mumble under my breath, I rest my head against the table and close my eyes for a moment. The decision to not sleep was suddenly kicking me in the ass, I felt wired from all the caffeine but I also felt drained from the lack of sleep. I couldn't tell if I was going to crash or throw up at the moment, but I definitely wasn't feeling right. I take a few deep breaths before I lift my head up slowly. Instantly my eyes meet the beautiful orbs I had been waiting for all morning. She looks different though, her eyes are puffier than normal and her smile isn't reaching her eyes just yet.

"You look like shit"

I nod as she takes a seat "I feel like shit, I thought you were standing me up" she reach's for my coffee and takes a sip which surprises me honestly. She doesn't seem like the type to share let alone take an indirect kiss from someone. "I thought about it but then I seen how sad you looked in the window and figured I better at least say hello" I tsk making her smile soften, this time it reaches her eyes which makes me feel relaxed for some reason. "Well thank you for gracing me with your presence beautiful, it may or may not have made my day" her shy smile widens before she takes another sip of my coffee which I'm sure had gone cold by now. "Here let me get you a fresh cup, 2 sugars and 3 creamers right?" She slowly nods her head as I get to my feet, the line wasn't too long thankfully. I smile as she stays put and pulls out her phone, I had to ask her about last night and why it looked like she was crying. I swear if someone hurt her I'd kill them, literally. I shake my dangerous thoughts though , I couldn't focus on that now or I'd be fixated on the matter all day. So I quickly order her coffee and two breakfast sandwiches in case she hasn't eaten.

"Here you go beautiful, wasn't sure if you ate yet so take your pick I'm fine with either"

Her eyes look glossy which makes me feel like maybe I overstepped somehow. "Thanks Jungkook, you didn't have to" I wave her off when I see the shy smile on her lips again "It's nothing, I'm happy to treat you like the queen you are" I smile at the blush on her cheeks before she grabs a sandwich. "I'm sorry if I disturbed you last night" I mumble before taking a bite of the other sandwich. "You didn't, just surprised me is all." I nod noticing the change in her tone, something definitely happened. "I didn't get you in trouble or anything did I?" She looks surprised for a moment, maybe she was hoping I didn't hear the man on the other end. "Oh um no it's fine" I nod, she really wasn't giving me anything to work with and I didn't want to seem like I was prying. But fuck was it killing me not to know what happened. Clearly she is upset and it clearly had to do with whoever was at her house last night. But I clearly wasn't going to get my answers unfortunately.

I watch her chew her food, her pinky seems to unwillingly lift a bit each time she takes a bite, I found it enduring. "So you okay if I walk you to work?" She glances at the clock before nodding her head "That would be nice, I didn't realize the time. It won't make you late though right?" I shake my head no as we both gather our things "I'm the boss remember so I get to make my own schedule" she playfully rolls her eyes as we head for the door, I make a point to hold it open for her which causes her to blush. Though it's funny because although my actions may be making her blush she holds her head high with confidence. I found it sexy.

"So what made you get drunk on a random Thursday afternoon?"

I smile down at her curious gaze, she really was beautiful. The flow of her hair brushing her soft blemish free skin and her stubble pink lips curving into the most addictive smile. Maybe I did really like her? Or maybe I just loved that she was a challenge? That had to be it. "Rough week, I'm happy it's Friday though I have a shit job to do today" she sips her coffee before looking back up at me, a slight frown on her pouty lip "Sorry to hear that, so no big plans with weekend?" I smirk towards her which makes her roll her eyes before we both get on the train. "I'm free if that's what you're asking, we can go for another ride or maybe go spend the weekend locked away in some hotel room, I'd love to fu-" I wiggle my brows as she covers my mouth and blushes.