Echoes of yesterday

Fourth huddled deeper into the warmth of his leather jacket as he stood before the yawning trunk of his car. Tension coiled in the air, palpable in the flicker of his gaze as he surveyed the contents of his overstuffed suitcase, ensuring nothing crucial had been overlooked. With a firm nod, he shut the trunk with purpose, his presence filling the car with a sense of determination.

- We need to get going, honey. You don't want to be late on your first day. - Net urged, approaching the younger with the charger cable in hand. - I don't think you've packed everything. - He added, prompting a nod of acknowledgment from Nattawat as he accepted the adapter from his partner.

- Thanks, sweetie. I don't know what I would do without you. - He expressed gratefully as he slipped the charger into his shoulder bag.

- No problem. I know you're nervous, but everything will be fine. It's just some stupid show. - Siraphop reassured him, passing over the rest of the items to pack. - Remember, I'm always here for you.

- So it's true that you're giving up your life for me? - Fourth asked, a slight smile playing on his lips, to which the elder responded with a mock sigh of drama.

- Yes, I am ready to sacrifice everything for you to win this program and get this beautiful sum of money. - He said with a wave of his hand, the jest evident in his tone.

- I think you promise too much, but thanks for the support. - The younger one replied, closing the car door and making his way towards the driver's seat. - I hope it will all be worth it.

- It certainly will. - Net replied, shaking his hand. Nattawat smiled broadly, feeling the tension in his body slowly begin to dissipate.

As the car began to pull away, Siraphop waved goodbye, then decided to send another smile of support his boyfirend's way. He understood that what lay ahead might be difficult, but they both hoped for milder outcomes.

When Fourth arrived at the meeting point, his heart skipped a beat as he spotted a familiar figure among the participants - his ex-husband. Their eyes briefly met, sending a jolt of emotions through him. Quickly, the younger one looked away, attempting to steady his breathing. His heart raced faster, and his hands trembled slightly with the surge of feelings and memories.

- What are you doing here? - Fourth asked automatically, his voice laced with surprise and uncertainty as he approached Gemini. The elder met his gaze with coldness, but remained silent, leaving an uncomfortable tension hanging between them. - I can't believe it. Did you come here for the same thing? - He continued, feeling the blood pulsing in his veins as he confronted the man. After a moment of tense silence, Norawit finally spoke, his voice sounding neutral, but with a hint of brokenness underlying it.

- None of your business.

Before Nattawat could respond, their conversation was abruptly interrupted by a voice emanating from the loudspeaker of the black bus that had just stopped in front of them.

- Hey, hey, hey! Hello, participants! - Jeff Satur's voice boomed from the loudspeaker as he jumped out of the vehicle with a wide grin. - It's time to go to our amazing entertainment trip! Why are you still standing here? Get in, get in! Adventure awaits!

Fourth glanced at his ex-husband once more before turning towards the bus, unable to muster the courage to continue the confrontation. As they boarded the vehicle, Gemini's words echoed in his mind, tugging at his heartstrings. He didn't know what their time together on the show would bring, but he was certain it would be a unique and challenging experience.

The bus came to a halt at a sprawling amusement park, and the participants leaned out of the windows, their curiosity piqued about what awaited them next. Nattawat felt the familiar knot of nerves tightening in his stomach as he approached his first task.