Mountain summit

The following morning, with the sun's rays filtering through the canopy of trees, the tranquil silence of the camp was abruptly shattered by the piercing shrill of an alarm clock. Its sound reverberated through the entire campsite, amplified by a large loudspeaker strategically positioned outdoors. The sudden intrusion jolted every participant from their slumber, forcefully pulling them back to wakefulness.

Gemini and Fourth, finding themselves unexpectedly close upon waking, exchanged a brief glance, their eyes meeting in a moment of mutual realization. A subtle blush colored their cheeks, a silent acknowledgment of the surprising proximity they found themselves in. Although neither felt particularly discomforted by the situation, a reminder echoed in the recesses of their minds: they were now just friends.

- Good morning. - Whispered the younger one, his attempt to conceal his embarrassment evident in the slight tension of his voice. Despite his efforts, the strain was unmistakable, betraying the unease lingering beneath the surface.

- Good morning. - Norawit replied, his cheeks tinted with a faint blush, mirroring the subtle embarrassment of his companion. Despite his efforts to maintain composure, a hint of tension lingered in his demeanor. After a brief pause, Nattawat decided to break the prolonged silence.

- We should go brush our teeth by the lake. - He suggested, his tone light and friendly as he sought to diffuse the tension and redirect their focus away from the awkwardness of the moment. Despite his inner anxiety, he maintained a cheerful demeanor, hoping to ease the atmosphere between them.

After only a few days of reconnecting with his ex-husband, he noticed a shift in his behavior and thought patterns. Yet, his heart remained resistant to acceptance. He had a boyfriend whom he likely loved, but the presence of his ex-husband continued to stir up confusion within him. Rationalizing the conflicting emotions, he acknowledged the significance of their shared history-a bond forged over many years together. It was difficult to simply erase everything that transpired between them, especially the tumultuous final months of their marriage.

Their relationship was a resounding success, a harmonious blend of friendship and romance that provided unwavering support through both trials and triumphs. On their days off from work, they cherished their time together, whether it was a simple stroll in the park or a cozy evening at home. Their dates weren't always extravagant, but they found contentment in each other's company. Each moment shared between them reignited the flutter of butterflies in their stomachs, reminding them of the profound bond they shared.

However, when the elder man changed jobs, their precious time together began to slip away.

In the five months leading up to their divorce, tensions escalated between them, marked by growing misunderstandings, bouts of jealousy, and endless quarrels. Each night, Fourth found himself weeping into his pillow, while his husband either retreated to work or sought solace on the couch in the living room. With each passing day, hope dwindled that things would improve-that they would once again stroll hand in hand, reignite their intimacy, and exchange those two magical words. But alas, change remained elusive. It was during this tumultuous period that Jirochtikul crossed paths with Net, initially just a friend.

Siraphop attempted to persuade the younger man to complete the divorce papers, yet the man was reluctant. Despite his love for his husband, he yearned to stay with his feelings, but their hectic schedules always intervened. After numerous appeals from Net, he decided to pack his belongings and vacate the apartment during Norawit's absence, leaving the divorce papers on the kitchen counter along with a brief note that simply read:

"If you still want to see me happy, please sign this."

And thus, the divorce became a reality, gradually tearing apart the hearts of the two lovers, piece by agonizing piece.