On the move

As I sat on the cold, dirty floor, I rubbed my chest as it was very heavy and felt as if my heart was aching, it also felt as if I couldn't breathe and that my body was tearing me apart from inside. I couldn't get my finger wrapped off the point that I just lost another loved one, she'd put her head into her knees and sobbed softly as so nobody could hear her, my brother and dad kept watch for anything that could lead to any danger. I didn't even want to move but I knew I had to, so I wiped my tears, as I thought of what my grandpa and brother said to me as it gave me some motivation to move and keep my head up. I knew I had to toughen up if I wanted to survive the world now, so I stood up and looked around the gas station for any goods like food or maybe even some weapons that could be useful. 

As I looked around, I noticed how ran down this place looked as it had a lot of things on the floor. and the lights were hanging down almost touching the floor. But in the corner of the place, I stumbled across a  backpack, so I kneeled down to it and slowly unzipped it as I was curious of what could be in it. As I looked in in the bag, I noticed that there was some goods like food and drinks in it, maybe someone was here and dropped the bag before a walker chased them, I thought. I looked through the bag a bit more as I found a gun. I slowly grabbed the gun and lifted it up, it looked like some sort of a handgun, I put it on my belt and zipped up the bag before grabbing the bag and walking over to Lucas. 

"Hey Lucas". As He turned to me I threw him the bag of stuff. he opened it up and looked in it. "Nice find sis". He said with a satisfied look. "I also found this". I showed him the gun from my belt and handed him it. Lucas examined it, he looked in the scope and pointed it at the wall." Well, It's in good condition, but be careful with it". He said while giving it back to me. I slid the gun back onto my belt and gave him a nod.

" Hey uh sis I forgot to tell you but me and dad are going to go out later to find some supplies so you're going to have to stay here inside okay". I looked at him shocked. "What I can't stay alone what if one of those things get me". I looked at him with an angry glare. "you'll be okay just keep indoors okay, your a tough one sis, just keep your weapons on you okay". I rolled my eyes and nodded "yeah okay". I walked off from him and sat down against a wall. I couldn't believe they were just going to leave me here alone, in some run-down gas station. I leaned my head up against the wall and closed my eyes.

-After a bit-

I woke up a bit later to my brother screaming at my dad. I put my hands on the cold ground and pushed myself up and looked at them confused. "Enid grab your things we are leaving now". I looked at him confused as this whole argument thing was confusing. Wha-- before I could even finish my sentence my brother grabbed my arm pretty hard and grabbed my bag and dragged me out of the gas station and walked off pretty far. "Brother what's happening." I was very confused on what was happening. "Just shut up, I'll tell you later for now we need to get away from dad". I wasn't gonna try to pull away from him, I just tagged along.

I followed my brother for hours until my brother stopped in the forest. "So why did we leave dad,". I looked at him with a glare. "We left because dad went crazy and killed people in front of me, I watched them plead to not be killed, I could see the mercy in there eyes, and how terrified they were, but he just shot them straight in the head". I looked at him shocked. "He wouldn't do that Lucas". I couldn't believe him; my dad would do no such thing. "Enid I'm being serous I watched him do it, I watch the blood splat every way, I watched them fall limp on the ground with them laying in there own warm blood". I was very shocked as I was trying to process all of this. "Enid, you need to listen to me are dad is a killer, he killed three people in front of me". I was still very shocked, but I trust my brother more than anything as he was the last thing I would have. "Okay Lucas, I trust you". my brother gave me a relived look.