The fence

As I waited for a few hours it got a bit late un till I heard cars pull up I sprung up from my bed and ran outside to see rick and the others to be back. I saw as they grabbed someone from the back, he looked really beat up, but then I noticed it was my brother I quickly ran over to him. 

"BROTHER". I screamed before I got to him.

"Easy now we need to get him cleaned up". Rick told me before I saw Glenn and Maggie hugging at least Glenn got back safe and looked healthy besides some bruises on his arms and face. I then followed rick into the cell block as they laid him down onto a bed. I watched as I was very upset and didn't want to leave his side.Carl walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder."I'm sorry about your brother". He said looking me in my eyes."its fine, he will be okay I know it". I gave him a worried look until I looked away. Why did I have to say something because soon as I said he would be okay he started to seize I began to cry scared as I didn't want to lose him."brother". I yelled as I wanted to be in there."Carl get her out of here". He gave his dad a nod before pulling me away from there and brought me outside as it was late. I pulled my arm away mad as I walked away stressed out.

He followed me trying to get me to calm down as he grabbed my arm I pulled away, but he grabbed my arm hard and turned me to face him I was very mad at this."Calm your self down Enid, he will be okay". He said in a stern voice. I glared at him but I just took a few deep breathes before I calmed down.

"Okay there I'm calm you happy now". I looked at him with a mean look."yes now stay like that". He stared me down which I was very mad at him but I kept my cool with him. I walked around before we heard some noises from the fence so we went to look, he told me to stay behind him but I didnt care what he said and I stayed in front as we got up to the fence and noticed that the wood cracked a bit where the wood held the metal fence up.

"Look at this Carl". I pointed at it, he got close to it and began to look at it. As we looked at it the zombies pushed themselves on the fence more, all I could hear was the rattle and the walkers growls and snarls. "Carl the fence". I sad as I watched as the wood break more and the fence started to fall down as the walkers pushed there way in. He quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me away. We quickly ran far enough to pull out our weapons. Carl began shooting the zombies. I raised my gun and shot my gun missing I haven't shot many guns in my life and now I'm rushed into it, but I had to do this, so I tried again but this time shooting the zombie in the head one after another I was proud of myself.

There were to many for me and carl to take on by are selves as they kept getting closer but we didn't back down and kept shooting we knew we couldn't let them get in the prison as we have kids here and others. As they got closer I saw many shots as Rick had heard us shooting and ran to are safety to help us. "Keep shooting" he yelled at me and Carl so we didn't stop until they all were on the floor dead.

I looked at all the body's of the walkers as I was bit shaken as that was a close call. I was breathing a bit hard. I brought myself together before Rick walked over to me and Carl.

"What in the hell were you two thinking". I saw a proud but disappointed look in his eyes."we were taking a walk when the wall started to break". Carl looked at his dad dead in eyes as they seemed angry."so don't even yell at us, we wouldn't just take a fence down". I could tell that Carl was angry at his dad as he did yell at us like we took down a fence with are own hands.

I had walked away as I had bigger problems I had to take care of which was my brother. I made my way into the cell block and went to the cell that had my brother, he looked so weak and beat up I felt so bad for him as he looked lifeless.I walked in and sat by him and grabbed his hand before I let some tears roll down my face.

"Please be okay Lucas". I looked up at him as the tears rolled my face.

"He will be okay". I heard a voice as I looked over I noticed Maggie leaning on the door frame she gave me a comforting look as she walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder gently. 

I looked up to her as a big sister she was always there for me which was very comforting. "What if he doesn't make it". My voice was a bit raspy as it was a bit hard to get words out.

"He will be, you go to believe in him". I gave her nod before I wiped my tears away, she gave me a nod and hugged me before walking out of the cell.

I sat on the floor and leaned my head against the wall hoping he would wake up.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

~her dream~

——————-

"Brother your okay". She said happy as she went to hug him and he disappeared into thin air.

"Brother". I looked around confused as I just then saw hundreds of walkers coming towards me as I was freaked and confused I tried to run as I fell through a hole into a herd of walkers. 

I screamed out as they bit into my flesh and cut into my fragile skin.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————