One Rainy Day in New York 🌧️

Summary: How Ari & Y/n met one rainy day in New York City!

Warnings: allusions to smut, very protective Ari, small mention of rough housing, Ari is hooked since the very first minute...flip flop POV.

Thank you for tuning back into a brand new chapter of Mine Always 🥰🌇✨ I worked really hard on this chapter🥹 without further ado here's a VERY special part to this book...

    ☔️    🌧️   🗽    🌃   🚕    👔    🛍️   🍎    🌟

ARI

The rain falls down the crystal clear windows of my New York City penthouse, it always feels magical whenever it rains.

I stare at the droplets, cascading down. Some droplets remaining still, others connecting to bigger sized ones, I inhale through my nose, and exhale out through it too.

I love rainy days in New York City.

Looking to the right side of my bed, I see the brunette haired girl I brought home last night. I can't lie, girls fall at my feet all the time. It's the hair...it's my loose effortless waves and my charming smile.

What? It is!

Look it up. Guys with nice hair and charming smiles are more likely to get laid. And guess what I happen to have those two things and more...plenty more.

My job isn't the easiest in the world, I find myself stressed. Managing different locations, and different warehouses. And trying to find anyone who doesn't pay me back on time.

Brunette is snoozing away peacefully, I feel like a dick because I don't remember her name. Just before my alarm clock rings, I reach to silence it. Moving the comforters away from my body. I throw my legs over.

Taking a peek at my shin to see how it's recovering, from a gunshot wound a few weeks ago.

Little prick got me right in the shin, how much of an asshole can you be?

But I'm thankful to the big man upstairs and my amazing medical team, who saved me. It still hurts a bit to walk on it, I should be on crutches but fuck that. My mom didn't raise me to be weak.

"Sir?" My right hand man, Curtis, enters the room, and sees me just awaking. I take a pillow and cover my crotch up...for Curtis's sake.

"Your mom called..." He speaks from the door, seeing I was completely naked. I sit on the edge of my bed, looking at the rain again.

Curtis's eyes divert to the brunette girl in my bed, wondering if she were to wake up at hearing his voice, I basically feel him stare at her, despite my head facing forward.

"She'll be out for another hour..." I turn my head to look at him, "...if you know what I mean."

I have to admit, Brunette was very enthusiastic in bed last night. We fooled around until we had no more oxygen left in our lungs.

"You said Mom called?" I say when Curtis remains silent. Standing up to grab my shirts, Curtis turns his back to me.

Nodding he continues to speak, Curtis, me, and another friend we have in Boston go waaaaay back.

We all met at boarding school overseas. Until I tracked Curtis down one day and sure enough he was unemployed and living on his own.

Ever since then he's worked for me.