8

"Hey Benny, you want to stay over? My mom has a late shift and won't be back till tomorrow morning, " you say as you clean the living room because most of the boys came over to have ice cream. Jeez, they eat like they've never eaten ice cream you think as you try and rub off a stan from the couch,
"Yeah, why not let me go change, and I'll be right back," he says as he finishes washing the bowls that were used. "I'll be back,"
"I'll be in my room waiting for you,"  you say as you see Benny going to the front door
You walked up the stairs and went to your room so you could change into some PJs.
After you change, you hear a knock on your window. Walking over, you open you, knowing it was Benny.
He jumped in and closed the window, knowing you didn't like to have it open because lord forbid a mosquito came into your room and bit you.
"Do you think we'll get married and have kids, Cielo ?" He asks as he walks over to your bed, holding your hand
"Do you want to get married and have kids?" You asked him you were a bit shocked that he said that.
"Yeah, I want to get married and have kids,"
"Ok, then we get married and have kids then,"
"Will you marry me?" Benny asked as you both got in bed looking at you with love in his eyes
"Benny, not right now. Maybe when we're 20, but not now, we still have to finish high school and go to college" You saw some disappointment in his eyes but as much as you would love to marry him you can't because like you said you have to go to college and finish high school.

"Right," he says in a sad tone and turns around so his back is facing you. You on the other hand were shocked by this. Was he upset that you said no? 

"Benny don't be like that, I'm sorry I said no, but it's true," you say as you graved he's shoulder to turn him, but being a ball player he has strong shoulders so he didn't move at all.

"Benny, you can't marry me right now. You have a whole future in front of you. You're going to be a great baseball player, maybe not the best because the best is Babe Ruth. But if you want to be the best, you have to finish high school and get a scholarship to a college. Hopefully, it can even be UCLA. Benny, I love you. I have loved you since we were babies. But if you marry me, I will only be in the way. Know this, Benny, when you are playing for the LA Dodgers and winning, I will be there waiting for you." You had put your head on his shoulder, knowing he would look at you.

As you finished speaking, there was a heavy silence in the room, broken only by the distant sounds of the outside. Benny remained still for a moment, processing your words. Then, slowly, he turned to face you, his expression softened.

"Cielo," he began, his voice gentle, "I didn't want you to think I'm upset at you. I just- I just love you so much, and the thought of being with you forever, just felt right, you know?"

You nodded, understanding his emotions. "I know, Benny. And I love you too. But right now, we have to focus on our futures. We have dreams to chase."Benny sighed, running a hand through his dark hair. "You're right. I know you're right. It's just hard sometimes, thinking about all the things I want and not being able to have them right now."

You reached out and took his hand, intertwining your fingers with his. "I know it's hard, but we'll get there, Benny. Together. We'll support each other every step of the way."A small smile tugged at the corners of Benny's lips as he squeezed your hand gently. "Yeah, together," he echoed, his eyes meeting yours with unwavering determination.And in that moment, you both knew that no matter what the future held, as long as you had each other, you could conquer anything that came your way. With renewed hope and a shared sense of purpose, you settled into bed, ready to face whatever tomorrow might bring, together.