Chapter 1: A friendship starts

Stargazer was flying around in the night sky, doing her stargazing routine, when there was a sudden crash in her route. She fell for a few moments until she got balance again. A Skywing with copper scales flew over to her and asked, "Are you okay?" She seemed a little worried if Stargazer was alright or not. She nodded. "Are you sure you were a bit off balance," the Skywing seemed to be more worried about Stargazer, than herself. "I'm alright. Sorry, I wasn't looking at where I was going." Stargazer apologized.

"No, no I also find it hard to concentrate, when I'm thinking," The Skywing paused for a moment and then continued, "I'm Skyfire. What's your name?" Huh. I've never seen such friendly-ness in a Skywing before... Stargazer decided to ignore that thought. "I'm Stargazer. Nice to meet you, Skyfire" She smiled. "Nice to meet you too Stargazer, you have a very nice name."

Just when Stargazer was about to speak, a group of Sandwings flew overhead... Towards the Ice Kingdom. I wonder why Sandwings are flying this late at night. But also, to the Ice Kingdom of all places in Pyrrhia! Stargazer wasn't sure if she should tell Skyfire what she saw, but she did anyway. "I saw some Sandwings flying towards the Ice Kingdom. Don't you think that's a bit strange?" Stargazer said.

"Yeah, why don't we investigate?" Skyfire suggested. She knew her friends would be worried about her if she didn't come back soon, but she also really wanted to investigate and get to the bottom of this mystery. "Alright. Let's go." she finally said after a few moments. Both dragonets flew steadily to the direction those Sandwings were going. Towards the Kingdom Of Ice. Is this the best idea? Stargazer thought, Welp. It's too late now. Skyfire seemed like a nice dragon, but who knows for sure? "So, What do you think's going on?" Skyfire whispered. Stargazer thought about all the possible things that could be going on under the surface. "Maybe Queen Thorn just wanted to send a message to Queen Snowfall?" She suggested. Skyfire frowned slightly and replied with: "But why would Queen Thorn send a whole herd of dragons to send ONE message to Queen Snowfall?" Stargazer nodded. But then WHY would a whole herd of Sandwings be flying towards the coldest part of Pyrrhia?

The two just kept on flying and flying, trying to not get noticed by the Sandwings flying overhead. This is taking forever! I just want to get to the bottom of this freaking mystery already! Skyfire's mind yelled. Oh god she probably is creeped out! I mean I don't even know how she can bear my presence! I just don't wanna mess up my first impression! Stargazer could usually block out other dragons' thoughts, but Skyfire's thought just went right past that barrier! Her thoughts were like running around her whole mind.

Stargazer shot a quick glance at Skyfire. Her mind is quite confusing. So many thoughts at the same time! Stargazer thought to herself. By now, they were at the edge of the Ice Kingdom. It shone in the moonlight. "Woah..." Stargazer murmured at the glorious sight. "It's so bold and beautiful..." she heard Skyfire mutter under her breath. The temperatures started to drop as they went closer and closer into the heart of the Kingdom of frozen ice. "Damn it's freezing," Skyfire whispered. Stargazer nodded in agreement.

"Wait, we still have fire. If we can somehow use it without creating smoke, that might warm us up a bit." Stargazer explained briefly. "Welp, how are we gonna do that because if we have to think of ideas that have any sense of logic I don't have any ideas." Skyfire said in despair. "So, do you WANT TO FREEZE to DEATH. Here?" Stargazer protsted. "Well look at the bright side when someone mines me up I won't age." Skyfire joked. Stargazer rolled her eyes and said, "Haha, very funny." The copper Skywing gently nudged her.

"Seriously, do you want to die here?" Stargazer said in a serious tone. Skyfire sighed and said, "Alright, fine." After a few moments of flying, Skyfire noticed that the Nightwing was rather... Silent. It seemed as if she was more focused on something else. "Stargazer?" Skyfire projected after a minute of silence. Stargazer suddenly snapped back into reality. "Huh? What happened?" she said, partly confused.

"You were rather quiet. Are you okay?" The Nightwing just nodded. "Okay.. If you're sure..." Skyfire murmured. As the duo got closer and closer to the heart of the Ice Kingdom, the lower the temperature dropped. "It's freezing!" Skyfire suddenly blurted out. "It's called 'The Kingdom of Ice' for a reason." Stargazer responded playfully. The copper dragon smiled. After a moment, there was a gasp. "What?! What is it?!" Skyfire panicked.

The Nightwing glanced at Skyfire and made a 'Oops, not-meant-to-scare-you- face. "So... Uhm... I have a confession to make." stargazer announced. "Oh what confession?" Skyfire replied curiously. Stargazer sighed and made a 'Please don't hate me' look. "I.. I can read minds.." Stargazer confessed nervously. "What?, you're kidding right?..." Skyfire Whispered. "No.. I'm not.." Stargazer replied. Skyfire looked shocked and... Hurt?

"Why didn't you tell me?" the copper dragon continued, "Don't you trust me?.." Stargazer felt... Guilt.. Shame.. Why didn't I tell her?... her mind questioned itself. " You don't have to feel guilty or anything, I just wish you would have told me sooner..." Skyfire muttered. "I'm sorry... I.. I thought you wouldn't trust me if I told you.." Stargazer explained.

"It's fine, really, I didn't think you were evil or anything and I still don't just please don't keep secrets because then it will get harder to trust you, okay?" Skyfire said. Stargazer looked at Skyfire and smiled softly. "Thanks. I promise if I have any secrets, I'll tell you." she added. "It's okay, it's just a bit shocking and I don't wanna be invasive. Skyfire smiled back at the Nightwing.

It was just then that Skyfire realized these small little stars near Stargazer's eyes. She found them rather... Shiny and... Pretty. "Those little stars by your eyes.. They're beautiful!" Skyfire exclaimed. Stargazer smiled and thanked her for the compliment. Suddenly, Stargazer stopped mid-flight, and landed on the icy, snow-covered ground. "Why'd you stop?" Skyfire asked her, right before she crashed into someone. "Yeah... That's why I stopped." Stargazer said.

The Icewing glared down at Skyfire. "Uhm.. Sorry I didn't mean to fly into you!" Skyfire yelled and covered herself with her wings. She sat there on the ground, waiting to be hit, clawed, yelled at.. Anything! But nothing happened. Well... Except a gasp that came from Stargazer. "Huh?" she realized the Icewing hadn't done anything. "Aren't you going to.. You know.. Hit me? Scream at me? Or whatever Icewings do to I don't know.. Like punish?" Skyfire was puzzled.

The Skywing let her wings droop on either side of her. She shot a glance at Stargazer, who looked equally confused as her. "Why are you here in Icewing territory?" He boomed. Another gasp escaped from Stargazer's mouth (or snout? Idk). "Skyfire... You do realize who that is.. Right?" Stargazer gave Skyfire a 'You do know him, right?' look. Skyfire took a moment to look at all the Icewing's features. "Oh, oh no I am so sorry honestly and truly your-.. Your Highness?" Skyfire begged for forgiveness. Stargazer crept next to Skyfire and whispered: "You are talking to Prince Winter of the Icewings, you know!" "What do you expect me to say? Oh your highness you should really stay in the castle more? Either way we're screwed!". Skyfire whispered back.