CHAPTER 1

The alarm bell rings. "Aina alarm band kar do yaar." He said in his sleep. 

"Baba alarm band karein" she too said in her sleep. Both of them were sleeping in his room which they did when they were extremely tired. 

"Kal mein ne kiya tha aaj tum kr do" he said. 

"Baba aap jhoot bol rahay hain mein ne kiya tha kal" he turned and saw her who had all her hair on her face. He turned the alarm off, got a little close to her, and tucked her hair aside. He then bent closer to her ear. 

"JALDI UTHO WE ARE GETTING LATE" and as if she got an electric shock, she sat up saying

 "WHAT? BABA AGAIN? AAP NE NAI UTHAYA NA MUJHAY MEIN.." and she saw him laughing out loud. 

"Bahut badtameez hain aap I am not talking to you," she said throwing her pillow on him and standing up to go to her room. 

"Acha darwaza band kar dena mein ne aur sona hai" She turned and looked at him who had his eyes already closed. 

"Ye lein mahraj" and she closed the door. When she opened it again he was trying to brush his hair. His coat was lying on the bed. 

"Laein dein". She said standing up on the bed. "I am 8 baba. Aur aap ke baal mujhay banane parte hain. Seekh leta hai banda." He turned to see her who was standing on his ironed coat. 

"You are 8 darling aur aap mere just ironed coat pe khari hain little miss" She in a moment of shock looked at her feet. 

"Ahh sorry?" she stepped aside. "Banaein baal" he gave her the brush. And this was the first reason for getting them late anywhere, always just because Baba can't stand straight according to Aina. 

"Baba sar side pe karein. Yaar thora idher. Nai nai beech mein. Thora sa upper. Perfect. Baba neeche karein yaar mera hath nai ja raha. Baba right pe. Arey aap left pe ho gaye hain. Baba nahi left side pe hoein jahan se aap khana khaane ka kehte hain." These were the routine lines of Aina. 

"Finally ban gaye aap ke baal. Ye lein brush ab mere banaein". This was the second reason they were always late anywhere – Aina was never satisfied even when her hair was perfect. 

"Baba ye dekhein yahan se baal nikal rahe hain. Baba yahan nai yahan se. Baba idher. Uff nai baba khich rahay hain. Baba thora upper se banaein. Wo meri friends hain na un ke yahan se aise hote hain aise banaein. Bas theek hain mein aise hi chali jaoon gi aap ko baal banane hi nai aate" Sikander used to get entertained by this everyday show. 

She was just like her mother. Talkative. And humorous. But in looks, she was just like him, except for her hair and eyes. They were dark brown. 

 "Chalein little miss nashta ready hai aap ka" 

"Here you go," he said presenting her, her favorite omelet. 

"I love your banana khana," she said smiling. Sikander understanding it said, "I know that." And they both had a wonderful breakfast. 

"Chalo jao ab. Khayal rakhna apna okay?" he said in the car opening door for her. She hugged him and he kissed her forehead. 

"Allah hafiz baba" she waved to him. "Allah hafiz Aina." 

Her given name was Noor ul Ain, bestowed upon her by Ammo Jaan. At Leezas' request, Sikander gave her the nickname. Aina.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

Sikander went to the court. He had perfectly trimmed black hair and a beard. His eyes, too, were black. He was an exceptionally handsome and intelligent man with a bitter past. He started his career as a legal advisor, but after his marriage, he joined the Islamabad High Court as a prosecutor.