CHAPTER 4

"Jao Aina andar se ja keh le ao apni marzi ki ice cream. Ye lo Paisey" Sikander said to Aina who was 12 now. She was his carbon copy except for her hair and eyes. She had hair and eyes like her mother. Brown. Dark brown.

Sikander on the other hand looked the same. He had some white hair. After she went to the store he observed that a man was disturbing a woman constantly. He had seen him multiple times on the same road. He looked at his wristwatch. It was 11 pm.

"ye lein baba aap ki ice cream" she came back with their favorite ice creams.

"Thank you," he said taking his ice cream from her.

"Kab phir?" She asked looking at her father. He looked at her. "Kiya?"

Aina raised her eyebrow and said, "You know kiya." She pointed from her brow towards that man. He sighed.

"Ghantay tak yehin ghoomte hain ice cream khaate hain phir andhera hote hi," he said opening his ice cream. She was already eating hers.

"baba," she said placing her head on his shoulder.

"Aina," he said looking at her.

"Exams ki tension ho rai hai" She was a topper in her school just like her father. He never forced her to study. He just wanted her to attain as much knowledge as she could and this was the reason why she was a genius.

"Tyari tou kar li hai tum ne phir kis cheez ki tension"

"I want to live up to your name." he looked at her.

"For that tumhe position nahi leni. Bas kamzor nahi banna" she smiled.

"Agar kam marks ae tou school mein value khatam ho jae gi"

"Baba ki nazar mein aap ki value kabhi khatam nai honi hai Aina"

"Pakka?"

"Aina utho" he raised her head by her chin. "Kiya huwa hai?"

"Baba school mein jub larkay larkiyoon ko bully karte hain tou mein kuch kar hi nai paati. Aap ne itna strong banaya hai mujhay. Still mujhay dar lagta hai baba" she was about to cry.

"Aina meri bachi" he kissed her forehead. "Aap bahut brave ho. Don't worry. Humesha aap apne baba ko apne peeche dekho gi. Aur jub nai hoon ga tab tak aap khud bahut brave ho chuki ho gi." He was wiping her tears.

"I love you, Bella. No matter what I will always love you" he smiled and so did she.

"Raha right cheez ke liye stand hona tou daro nahi. Lar lo. Mein humesha aap ko support karoon ga" he was still smiling and she finally smiled with her whole heart.

"Ice cream kha lo bella gir jae gi"

"Oh haan," her voice was still wet but she was happy now. Her father was her motivation always.

"Ye admi yahin baitha rahay ga kiya poori raat?" she pointed towards the man on the road.

"Haan is ka yehi kaam hai. Poori raat yahan reh kar larkiyoon ko tang karna"

"Chalein phir dukaanein band hone lagi hain yahan ki get ready," she said eating the last bite of her ice cream.

"Let's go"

She wore her red band and sunglasses and Sikander wore his gloves and his sunglasses. He drove the car and stopped it in front of a house on the same street. That man was busy with his headphones on. They walked quietly behind him.

He quickly grabbed his neck such that he was standing behind and he held it from his front. He then lifted the man and threw him towards his side. He couldn't utter a scream it happened so quickly. Aina punched his eyes so hard that he couldn't see anything for the rest of the night. Sikander kept punching him in the face with his hand on his mouth so that he couldn't utter a scream. Aina kicked his ribs multiple times so hard that she was sure they were broken.

Sikander made his voice heavy and said "Next time kisi larki ko tang karo, mujhay pata chal jae ga." He kept punching him till his hands were full red.

Aina tied his one hand to the bench. "Good night" and they left. The unknown man still lying on the ground trying to see anything or move a bit but the pain was hard.

"Hospital se farigh nai hone wala yeh maheene tak," Sikander said when they reached their car.
He removed his gloves which were full of blood and threw them in a plastic bag.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

IN THE MORNING

When Aina woke up she was feeling really tired. It was Saturday thank god. She didn't have to go to school but why was she feeling pain in her body? She never felt like this before and then she saw blood on the bedsheet.

"Baba baba uthein" they were in Sikander's room today.

"Baba aap ko kal chot lagi thi kiya?" she asked suspiciously.

"Haan Aina magar mein ne raat ko laga li thi dawai"

"Tou ye bed pe itna khoon kese aya?"

Sikander opened his eyes. "Kiya matlab?" he sat up and saw some blood on the sheet.

"Aina utho zra"

"Nai baba mujhay bahut pain ho raha hai"

"Aik second utho tou Bella" She sat up with great difficulty.

"Dekho kaproon pe tou nai laga huwa?" he was ready for this moment since she turned 10.

"Baba ye kiun laga huwa hai mere kaproon pe? I checked last night mujhay tou koi chot nai lagi thi"

"Aina don't freak out. Washroom jao mein 2 minute mein aa raha hoon kuch cheezein ilmari se le kar. Jao aur jin jin kaproon pe khoon laga hai unhe side pe rakh dena mein wash karta hoon un ko"

"Baba magar..."

"Nai koi agar nai araam se jao Aina mein aa raha hoon okay? Jao shabash"

Just after a minute, Sikander arrived having multiple things in his hands. "Instructions likhe hain is ke upper. Araam se jitna marzi time laga keh in ko dekho. Kaprey mein le kar ja raha hoon. Just relax okay? Don't panic. And if you need me mein bahar hi khara hoon theek hai?"

She nodded and he left.
After a while, she came from the restroom and lay on her bed.

"Aina are you okay?" he asked "Pain ho raha hai kiya?"

"Ji baba can you explain this all?"

"Pehle ye lo doodh pee lo. Mein bedsheet bahar taang kar aa raha hoon phir we'll discuss this.

Don't worry okay?" he kissed her forehead and went outside.

The moment Aina finished her milk he arrived back and sat with her. He placed the hot water pad on her stomach. "This will help"

"Baba explain karein na"

"Aina" he placed his hand on her face.

"Meri baat araam se sunna" and he explained everything to her.

"Ab aap rest karo. Kuch chahye huwa tou bata lena. Maar peet ka dil karay tab bhi bata denaa" he smiled and turned to leave when she held his hand

"Baba aap ko kahan chot lagi thi." He turned towards her.

"Bas right hand ke knuckles pe lag gai thi. Dawai laga li thi mein ne"

"Pakka sirf wahin lagi?"

"I am sure"

"Phir theek hai"

"I love you Bella," he said and went to the kitchen to make something good for her.

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

Hey everyone please share your thoughts and reviews about the chapter!!

Thank you!!