Chapter 17

I was waiting in Aiden's cabin, legislating the certain error on paper, when Aiden, Eric, Elliot, and Gerard (an intern) stepped inside the cabin.

"Hello Emerald, let's begin discussing strategic planning for our new project," Eric said.

I nodded and everyone took their seat, my eyes drifted to Aiden, who sat next to me, he smiled and then winked at me.

I blushed. So much for being professional in the office.

We commenced discussing the idea and every, now and then, Aiden would brush his hand on mine or give me a flirty smile, which was not helping me to keep concentration on the meeting, whilst he appeared calm and collected, like a professional while enduring this sweet torture on me.

The meeting dragged till the evening; weariness had spread around the room. Soon, everyone departed leaving me alone with Aiden. He pulled my chair before him and wrapped his arm around me.

"What an exhausting day it was!" he exclaimed.

" It was indeed. I just want to take shower and sleep." I said, closing my eyes.

"Come to my place, I will cook dinner for us," he offered and kissed my forehead.

It was a very tempting offer and I couldn't deny it. who would say no to food cooked by Aiden? Certainly not me.

It compelled me to think about how leaving with him all the time could be. It would certainly be buoyant but also thrilling too. I didn't spend more penny on these thoughts and instantly answered him with 'yes' which rewarded me with a dazzling smile and kiss from him.

"Okay, so I will quickly grab a file from the Eric cabin and you meet me in the parking lot." He quickly said and retreated from the cabin, while I commenced collecting the file.

Knock.

Knock.

"Yes." Mrs. Maria walked inside, with a familiar blue envelope in her hand. Her eyes wandered around the room before fixing on me.

" Where is Mr. Stallard?" She asked as I placed the last file on the table.

"Oh, he is with Eric," she nodded.

" Will you please give this to Mr. Stallard?" She seemed in hurry, and a little tired too.

" Okay," She outstretched her hand and handed me the blue envelope.

" Thank you. See you tomorrow, Miss Gracia," and with that, she resigned for the day.

I look down at the envelope in my hand, and confusion rose.

Blue envelope.

This was the same kind of envelope that I had seen back in Aiden's house in New York. The plain blue color envelope with a name written on it.

Faith.

Who is she? Why was she sending letters to Aiden? How she always knows where he was? Why she is writing him letter after letter?

I have asked Aiden about her before and that leads us to had a huge fight.

What was he hiding?

Inserting the envelope into my handbag, I headed to the parking lot, where Aiden was already waiting for me.

" What took you so long, Emerald?" he asked, a sluggish smile adorned on his exterior. Instantly, I moved to the car, and opening the door, I sat.

" Can we please go, I am tired." I said, when he didn't shift from his place and baffled stared      at me.