Chapter 23

Living with Aiden felt like dream, it's been a week since I moved and settled in his mansion. It was the most righteous decision I had ever taken in my life. I couldn't be happier. From dawn kisses to dusk bliss, from sweet whispers of nothing to late night talking, from staying in the bed for some moments when the daybreak to coming early in the evening from the office, everything seems perfect, like pieces of the puzzle were fitting in right place. Aiden had been unprecedented romantic in the past few days, and also I had seen changes in him like he was trying, like really trying to be more understanding and considerable. And I loved this kind of change in him.

The very moment, he was sleeping next to me, after working till late at night yesterday, I didn't want to wake him up because he was fatigued after working hours upon hours on the same project for the past three days. Slowly, I lifted his arms which were wrapped around me and left a burning kiss on his forehead.

I felt a ripple of excitement in the pit of my stomach, as I headed out of the room.

This very day I awakened from my sleep with intention of doing something phenomenal and fierce.

Cooking.

Yes, today I was going to utilize all my skill to make breakfast for him. A smile graced my face at the thought of Aiden witnessing me cooking.

I had never cooked for him before, even though he told me it was simply fine if I don't know cooking but I felt like I was burdening him, he works at the office and then cooks, he never even reaps any holiday like I had, well look like being the owner has its own disadvantages. So, to provide him with a rest day, I decided to make breakfast.

Of course, I won't be preparing a proficient platter like a chef, however, I vowed to prepare something generous and most important...edible. I entered the kitchen, aiming to come out with food that is fit for human consumption. I chose wisely, a simple British dish, which I ascertained he would like, eggs and bacon. It was easy to make or that's what I have heard, well soon I was going to find out about it.

After rummaging through several cabinets, I finally discovered all the ingredients which would be required in my daring excursion to cook delicious food. I never thought in my million dreams that I would be cooking and let alone for someone, not even for my mother I had ever cooked.

Back at home, it was my mother who used to cook every time whether she was sober or inebriated, purely this was the only thing she never bargained with because she loves cooking, possibly cooking was the thing that reminds her of her great times with my father. He loved her cooking.

But with Aiden it was completely different, he makes me want to do things that I had never done before, and it was both thrilling and scary.

Subsequently, I succeed in removing eggshells from a yolk that was fallen while breaking, I felt a sense of accomplishment, I feel like I could do anything, maybe some people would find it silly will but for me, it was a great achievement.

After numerous mild burns and small cuts on my fingers, and the most highlighted part is that I didn't set the kitchen on my fire for that I feel proud of myself. I finally manage to make some fried eggs that were far from eatable.

It was burnt.

I sighed.

However, this failure didn't make me give up. I cleaned the counter and started again but this time more cautiously and paying attention to the details.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

My phone started to buzz in my back pocket after a few moments, I didn't want to attend the call when my hand was messy but then the thought occurred possibly it could be from the office for urgent work, so I remove my phone from my pocket staining brand new jeans but at the moment I don't care except for finishing the call and then move forward with cooking. Holden's name flashes on the screen.