-15-

"Get me an ice pack," Dad grumbled, turning away to put his shirt on. I rolled my eyes and fetched an ice pack from the freezer, handing it to him. "Are you actually stupid, Dad? You could've died!" I scolded, crossing my arms.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Junior," Dad replied, his tone dripping with sarcasm. I sighed and took a seat on a nearby chair. "Aiden confessed..." I began, fiddling with my fingers, immediately capturing Dad's attention.

"He did? That's great. So, did you two kiss?" he inquired as he walked towards one of his work desks with a package in hand.

"Well, we were about to, but then he saw you flying out of our garage and had to leave," I explained with a sigh, joining Dad at his work desk.

Dad picked up the cup that Mom had left earlier and noticed the package beside it. On top, there was a sticky note with 'from Pepper' written on it. He removed the note and proceeded to open the package. Inside, he found his arc reactor, surrounded by an inscription that read, "Proof that Tony Stark has a heart."

Dad smiled lightly and placed the arc reactor on the table. I snapped a quick picture of it, feeling a sense of warmth at the sight. "I'm heading upstairs. I'm starving! Do you want anything, Dad?" I asked, making my way towards the door.

"No, it's fine," Dad replied, already engrossed in his work. With a smile, I turned and bounded upstairs, eager to satisfy my hunger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat on the couch, munching on a sandwich while the TV blared in the background. "Tonight's red-hot red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where Tony Stark's third annual benefit for the Firefighter's Family Fund has become the place to be for L.A.'s high society," the news reporter droned on. I rolled my eyes, growing increasingly annoyed with the repetitive coverage.

"Tony Stark hasn't been seen in public since his bizarre and highly controversial press conference. Some claim he's suffering from post-traumatic stress and has been bedridden for weeks. However, his daughter has been spotted in a few cafes with a young man. Some say she's going out to get rid of the stress. Whatever the case may be, no one expects an appearance from them tonight," the news reporter finished, and I scoffed in disbelief. "That's stupid... I never even confirmed shit!" I muttered, throwing my hands up in frustration.

Suddenly, Dad emerged from upstairs and caught sight of me. "Get dressed," he instructed briskly before disappearing into his room.

I ran upstairs and got ready.

 [Your outfit, makeup and hair!!!]
-dress-

 [Your outfit, makeup and hair!!!]-dress-

-hair-