Chapter 6 - Opening Minds and Revealing Secrets

Raven's POV

Raven exhaled with relief as she finished up her thronework for her Magicology class, which was easy seeing as 1) it was just answering a work sheet and 2) Raven already knew most of it since her mother was so insistent on Raven being magically ahead of her peers. 

The reasoning Raven was given, a the tender age of 11 no less, was so that, if Eris dies in battle, Raven could take over in a heartbeat. Yes, great thing to tell you pre-teen daughter during a war that you started. Excellent parenting right there.

Raven leaned back into the couch she was sitting on, looking around the room. She had gotten into the habit of doing her thronework in, what is officially called the 'Commoner's Common Room'. Unofficially though, it became the 'Rebel's Common Room', since the Rebels did not feel comfortable even attempting to enter the 'Royal's Common Room'. The habit started when she was still rooming with Apple, who would sometimes lean over her shoulder and make comments on what she thought the correct answers should be. Which was annoying as all hex, especially when it was on a class that Apple wasn't even it.

Raven's gaze landed on the large mirror hanging above the fireplace. Immediately, her thoughts went back to earlier in the semester, when Dexter had warned her that Apple had been given access to the school's security system. The info left even more wary of mirrors than she was already and she could not help but stare at the mirror, like she was expecting Apple to walk right out of it.

The creaking of the wooden door caused Raven to nearly leap right out of her seat as she whipped her head around, half-expecting to see Apple there. Thankfully, it was not Apple entering the Common Room, but Dexter, his twin sister Darling, Maddie, Rosabella Beauty and C.A. Cupid. The small group paused when at the entrance, with Dexter in the front, smiling awkwardly.

"Hey," the familiar blue wear prince said, "Sorry, we didn't meant to scare you, but.. uh, a few of us were hoping we could ask you some questions... about.. uh.."

"About being a 'Rebel'", Raven smiled at Dexter's gentle nervousness. Him wanting to ask questions, but not wanting to be rude. She softly patted the seat next to her, letting the group know that they can come in.

"Ye - yeah," Dexter stuttered as they filed in, sitting down next to Raven, "I hope you don't mind.."

 "As long as you are polite about," Raven replied, smiling at him. He smiled back.

Cupid took a seat directly across from Raven, with Rosabella sitting next to her. Darling, naturally, sat next to her brother. Raven took a moment to study the Charming Princess. Darling was in her Kingdom Management and Muse-ic classes, but she was typically very quiet and usually sat in the back, like she wanted to be seen as little as possible. When she and Dexter had dinner with her and the other Rebels before the disastrous Legacy Viewing Day, she kept her navy blue hood up as much as possible. At the time, Raven assumed that she did not want word of her and her brother hanging out the the Rebel students to get back to their more traditional parents, but maybe there was another reason behind Darling's desire to not be seen so much. If she was willing to risk being seen again with Raven, then there must be something more going on with the beautiful princess.

Maddie, meanwhile, had made a happy bounce to sit down on Raven's other side, unwittingly putting herself between Raven and the mirror, much to Raven's secret relief.

Maddie's head perked up suddenly and said, "Oh, I'm so happy that you think that!"

Everyone threw Maddie weird looks.

Maddie pointed upwards, "The Narrator said - "

(MADDIE!! You are not suppose to talk to us, or about us!)