CHAPTER FOUR song: should i stay or should i go — the clash

CHAPTER FOUR
song: should i stay or should i go — the clash

RACHEL'S FINGERS tapped the table following the rhythm of the clock's ticking in the silent classroom. She had realized that it was the only thing keeping her entertained. It was only her, Kai and the teacher, who was reading a book and glancing at the two from time to time to make sure they were suffering in the agonizing silence of the room.

She was bored. Very bored. And in addition to that, she could feel Kai's stare on her. He sat a few seats from Rachel. She turned around to look back at him "What?" she mouthed. He just smirked.

"No talking, Anderson" said the teacher, catching her attention.

"I wasn't—"

"No talking" the teacher repeated, tilting her head and giving her a look.

Rachel had to bite her tongue. The fact that she knew that Kai was probably smiling because she had just been scolded, annoyed her even more.
A few more minutes passed before Mr. Rogers opened the door and stepped in the classroom "Mrs. Miller, can I have a quick word with you?" he asked the teacher.

She glanced at the two students briefly before nodding. Bob gestured at the door and the woman headed outside the room, but not before saying "Anderson, Parker, behave. I wouldn't like to extend your punishment."

Both adults left the room, leaving them alone. Rachel wanted to ignore him until the teacher came back, as if she had never left. But Kai had other plans. He got up from his seat and walked calmly to Rachel's side. She saw him standing next to her with her peripheral vision but refused to turn her head to look at him.

"Are you really going to ignore me?" He scoffed.

"Considering I'm here because of you... Yes, that's what I'm trying to do." She responded, eyes fixed on the board in front of her.

Kai overshadowed her sight, taking a seat on the chair in front of her desk, facing Rachel. Her eyes widened with surprise, she was not expecting him to do that. "I don't know what you're talking about." He frowned even though his eyes glistened with mischief.

"Yes, you do." Rachel rolled her eyes "The bathroom, the cigarette..."

"No idea." He shook his head, a knowing smirk on his lips.

Rachel narrowed her eyes at him "You do know" She pointed at him "You're just... messing with me." She leaned back on her chair, trying to make some distance between the two "Leave me alone."