CHAPTER SEVENsong: girls just want to have fun — cyndi lauper

CHAPTER SEVEN
song: girls just want to have fun — cyndi lauper

"YOU'RE GONNA POKE my eye." Rachel complained.

Amy stopped dragging the eyeliner through her friend's waterline for a second "Don't be dramatic. Stay still and look up."

Rachel sighed, trying to do what Amy said. They were getting ready for Leah's party and every time the pencil was close to her eyeball, she felt the urge to close her eye and throw her head back as far as possible. She wasn't used to putting eyeliner on.

"And you do this everyday? I wish I had the strength." Rachel commented.

Amy smiled "It's quicker to do than you think— If only you'd stop moving your eyes around like a maniac."

"Sorry for being scared of getting blinded by your— freaking pencil." She gestured with her hands, avoiding showing emotion in her face in case that made the pencil move directly to her eye's pupil magically.

"Have a little trust, would you?" Amy sighed, giving her the final touches "Done."

Rachel stood up and walked towards the mirror in Amy's room. She didn't know what to expect, but what she saw wasn't on the list. She wore a full face of makeup with a similar smokey eye style that Amy wore to school everyday and deep red colored lips.

"This is ridiculous." She said, moving her face to see how the makeup looked in different angles.

It's not that she didn't like it, but it felt weird on her. She always thought Amy looked good in it— it suited her factions. Her personality. But it seemed to be out of place on Rachel's face for some reason. She had never seen herself with that much makeup.

"Don't be stupid, you look beautiful. You're just not used to it." Replied Amy.

Not used to wearing a lot of makeup or not used to looking beautiful?

"My parents would go crazy if they saw me wearing my makeup like this." The blonde laughed, a little embarrassed "I can almost hear my mom's voice saying—"

"—Oh, Rachel, you look just like a hooker."

"More like— 'vulgar lady'. That's what she uses normally. And she uses it for everything." She scoffed.

As she checked herself in the mirror, she started to feel a little more comfortable with her reflection. Somehow, the idea of her parents going completely nuts if they saw her like that, made her feel good. She loved the idea of pissing them off. But what she loved most was acting like the complete opposite of what they expected her to be like. It brought Rachel comfort. They couldn't control everything she was even if they intended to.