CHAPTER NINE song: hungry like the wolf — duran duran

CHAPTER NINE
song: hungry like the wolf — duran duran

"IS THAT WHAT you're wearing? Really?" Josette huffed.

Kai raised an eyebrow while he grabbed a pack of cigarettes from his side table and put it in his pocket "What's the purpose of being angry at me and throwing tantrums if you're gonna talk to me anyways? I was enjoying the silence." He pursed his lips. "Also, why are you always entering my room like that? What if I was doing something else?"

"Like what?"

"Masturbating?" He answered like it was obvious.

"Oh my— Ew!" Josette lifted her hand and gestured it towards him as if she was shaking away the thought "You think you're funny, don't you?"

"I know I am." He grinned.

He was getting ready to go to church that day. A little more excited than usual considering Rachel was going to be there too and he wanted to see her again after their last disastrous conversation.

"Anyways. We're going to a memorial service and you're wearing a coral pink T-shirt. Does that seem appropriate to you?" She put both of her hands on her hips.

Kai rolled his eyes "Who cares?"

"I do. Mom and dad do too." She answered.

Kai shrugged in response as he laid down on his bed again, crossing his legs and putting his hands behind his head.

Josette was infuriated by his behavior. She had been more irritable than usual since Friday, when he broke the promise he made to her of not siphoning from her again.

"You killed those kids, you could show some respect at least!" Josette snapped, raising her voice.

"Oh so now you're forgetting why I did it? Fun. Let's play oblivious, then." He chuckled. "I don't even want to go to church, dad's making me. If that makes you feel better."

"Dad's making you go, yes. You know why? As punishment! So you see how your actions affect others!" she yelled.

Kai raised his eyebrows seeing how Josette was getting angrier by the moment. She was usually patient with him but he had reached her limit, and she wanted him to know.

It looked like he was starting to understand her... until he opened his mouth. "Can you be whiny somewhere else? Your voice is making me nauseous if I'm being honest. I liked your 'I'm not talking to you anymore' phase better." He mocked her.

It only lasted a day, sadly.

"I can't believe you." Josette shook her head in disbelief "Sometimes I wonder what I've done to deserve being treated like this by you. I'm your sister!"

"With whom I'm supposed to merge in a few years! I bet dad can't wait to get rid of me! Yes!" He clapped and cheered ironically "I mean, have you seen what he's done to my face?"