𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

❤︎───── ⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅ ─────❤︎

"Something wrong?" Karasuma, your physical education teacher, asked, his expression indicating concern.

If you were to be honest with him, more things had gone wrong today than you could possibly articulate in one breath.

The coffee machine broke, leaving you feeling disoriented and frazzled. Then, you couldn't find the shoes you'd planned to wear, adding frustration to your already chaotic morning. To top it off, you fell asleep with wet hair, forcing you to spend an additional twenty minutes drying it, time you didn't have, and ultimately making you late. And if only your mother had warned you about the exhausting hike you'd be required to make, you could have managed your time a bit better.

Putting on the most convincing smile you could muster at that moment, you turned to him and gave a firm nod. Either he bought it, or he chose not to press the issue further, for which you were immensely grateful.

Turning to face the door again, you shifted slightly to allow Karasuma to open it for the two of you.

Nervous? Scared? At this point, you believed that no word in the English lexicon could adequately describe your emotions right now.

Despite having moved around quite a bit since childhood, which meant adapting to new schools each time, you still couldn't shake the feeling of unease that came with being the new kid. However, experience had taught you that things would eventually fall into place, and you could only hope that this time would be no different.

As you entered the classroom behind your teacher, you could sense the collective gaze of the entire class fixed on you. It was a sensation you had experienced before, but one you were still not accustomed to.

Turning to face your new classmates, you observed their faces, knowing you would attach names to them later in the day. Amidst the sea of unfamiliar faces, a patch of cherry red at the back caught your eye. But before you could focus on the individual, your homeroom teacher began to speak.

They were not kidding about his appearance during the orientation you attended earlier today.

Bright yellow, with more tentacles than you could count on your hands, dressed in a teacher's uniform with a small scholar's hat on top, his 10-foot-tall frame hovered over you. His big, toothy smile and small, beady eyes made for a striking image.

He looked mildly intimidating, given that this was your first time meeting him. However, he didn't exude the vibe of someone who was about to destroy the planet, as he had done to the moon, at the end of the school year. He actually seemed more like someone who would feed stray dogs and pigeons at the park.

"Everyone, meet the newest addition to Class 3E!" your teacher, who had introduced himself as Korosensei during the orientation, said in a cheery tone. He turned to face you directly and asked, "Would you like to introduce yourself to your classmates?" You nodded with a soft smile and took a step forward.

"Hello, everyone! My name's [NAME] Jelavic. It's a pleasure to be here with you all, so please take good care of me," you said with a sweet smile and all the confidence you could muster, bowing at a 45⁰ angle. Silence seemed to ensue, making you nervous, fearing you had said something wrong, before the class burst into an uproar.

"[NAME] WHO!?"

❤︎───── ⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅ ─────❤︎