𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

A/N: oml 1.4k words ugghh. um btw tw bcuz this is bad enough to make you cry from how bad it is anyway have fun trying to read this without throwing up pookies and uh stan twice

❤︎───── ⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅ ─────❤︎

"You sure you're fine going alone [NAME]?" Kayano's voice echoed in your mind, her concern palpable even as she waved goodbye along with Sugino and Nagisa.

"Very, Kayano, I know the way well enough," you reassured her, though you couldn't deny a twinge of uncertainty creeping into your confidence. Nagisa had offered to accompany you, but his prior commitments meant you were left to navigate the metro station alone.

As you stood amidst the bustling crowd, the familiarity you had felt just two days ago evaporated, leaving you feeling disoriented and lost. The maze-like structure of the station seemed to mock your misplaced confidence, each turn leading you further away from your intended destination.

You cursed silently, berating yourself for not paying closer attention during your previous journey with your mom. Now, without her guidance, you felt like a lost soul adrift in a sea of commuters.

With each passing moment, your frustration grew, compounded by the realization that you were proving Kayano's concerns right. You glanced around, hoping for a sign or a familiar landmark to guide you, but all you found was a sea of unfamiliar faces and endless corridors stretching out before you.

As if to put salt onto the wound, your phone wasn't being your most loyal companion either. It seriously couldn't have found a better time for the screen to stop working?! (No, you dropping it down the staircase while entering the station has nothing to do with this wdym??)

In the midst of your crisis, a sudden weight settled on your shoulders, prompting you to turn and confirm your suspicions. Sure enough, there was Karma, his hand resting lightly on your shoulder, a bemused expression on his face.

"K-Karma...?" you murmured, still taken aback by his unexpected appearance.

"I didn't take you to be the type to stay out so late after school," Karma mused, his voice laced with amusement as he looked down at you. (i'm sorry my tall queens, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do〒▽〒)

You couldn't help but feel a mix of surprise and relief at his presence. Here was someone you had just met today, yet he seemed to have a knack for showing up at the most opportune moments.

"I... got a little turned around," you admitted sheepishly, feeling a flush of embarrassment creeps into your cheeks.

Karma chuckled softly, his hand squeezing your shoulder reassuringly. "Happens to the best of us," he replied casually, as if getting lost in a metro station was just another everyday occurrence.

As you hesitated, Karma's patience seemed to wear thin, his sarcasm seeping through his casual demeanor. "If you could figure it out, I'm sure ya would've done that 'stead of standing there like a statue for ten minutes straight, wouldn't ya?" he quipped, his tone laced with amusement.

You flushed with embarrassment, realizing that Karma had been observing your plight for far longer than you had realized. "I s'pose if it's not a bother then...." you trailed off, feeling a mixture of gratitude and sheepishness as he began to pick up his pace.

With a nod, Karma took the lead, his confident strides cutting through the crowd as he navigated the bustling metro station with ease. You hurried to keep up, feeling a sense of relief wash over you as you followed in his wake.