𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

A/N : ugh super boring chapter don't bother reading 👹 I'll put karma in the next one I swear on my chuuya plushie

❤︎───── ⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅ ─────❤︎

You assembled your scattered belongings back into your bag as the school day came to a halt. Today had gone a lot better than you had anticipated, given how it had started in the first place.You did have some homework assigned which you could probably skip with your "new student who hasn't been able to catch up with the material" excuse still being relevant for a week at least.

You got up from your seat and looked at the empty one next to you, Karma having left from the back sometime after lunch. Just as you had approached the classroom door, you heard a call of your name.

You turned around to locate the owner of the voice and saw Kayano waving you over to the group of four including, Nagisa, Sugino, Yukiko, and herself. You walked over to them with a smile just as Kayano wrapped her arms around your left arm.

"You should come with us [NAME]!", she suggested excitedly with a hopeful expression that you'd agree. "Um, where to?", you questioned at the lack of context, looking at the others for some clues.

"There's this new bakery like 10 minutes from here and it's supposed to be super good. Kayano's been insisting on going together for some time now," Nagisa filled you in, in Kayano's stead."You're not gonna say no right?" Kayano asked with a pleading pout.

She'd sorta developed a friend crush on you with a single conversation today. She even caught herself looking at you several times today which she was too embarrassed to admit.

"How could I possibly with that look on your cute face hm?" you countered with a smooth teasing tone. All of you simply laughed at Kayano's flustered reaction to your unprecedented comment and she later joined herself.

You all together exited the empty classroom and descended the hill, not before texting your mom that you'd meet her straight at home which she just replied with a 'have fun'.

You put your phone back into your blazer's inner pocket and intertwined your hands with Kayano again as you all made conversation down the hill. It comprised mainly comprised of them giving you little snippets about the class and recounts of the shenanigans that have taken place so far.

It sort of made you wonder if you were too far behind but you paid no mind to it for now as you all entered the establishment.

You could smell the pleasing aroma of baked goods and sweets from a fathom's distance. If the smell was so good you could only imagine how well it would taste. It made your mouth water just thinking about it!

Each of you immediately went to check out their extremely large item glass display to select out their likings. The place really did seem to be doing very well in name given how many people were there even though it was just a Tuesday afternoon.

A tap on your shoulder pulled you out of your thoughts as you turned around to look at the culprit.

"I'm gonna go order for the rest of us, whaddya want?", Sugino asked along with his usual kind smile.

"Cherry Danish and a light roast coffee?"

"Done and done," He replied with a thumbs up and made his way down to the counter.

"Also-"

He paused and looked back at you to continue. "A plum pudding to take away please?", you asked with a wry smile as you caught up with him.

"Sure, the other two are right over there-", he pointed to a window booth, "-I'll be right back."

You nodded at his directions and parted with him to approach the table. The two were already seated across each other at the table, conversing, so you just chose to sit beside Kayano and simply wait for your order while listening in to the conversation beside you.

You were about to pull your phone out again before you caught sight of Sugino struggling to maintain balance with the two trays occupying both his hands and rushed over to help him with one of them.

You and Sugino then together came back to the table, setting the trays down in front of the seated two.

"Aight dig in and tell me if this was really worth ¥4600."

❤︎───── ⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅ ─────❤︎