𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

❤︎───── ⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅ ─────❤︎

The entire classroom was engulfed in silence once again after the outburst, before the students began to bombard you with their curiosity.

Your eyes darted across the entire class, attempting to answer one question before being interrupted by another, and then again, unable to give everyone your attention equally. Even Korosensei seemed too shocked to help you out.

"SILENCE!" Karasuma suddenly yelled out to the class, taking note of your struggle. "I understand your shock, everybody, but please maintain discipline in the class." He then whipped his head to look at the octopus. "AND JUST WHY ARE YOU SHOCKED? YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS!!" he scolded him in annoyance.

You waited awkwardly for your teachers to finish their banter before you could be seated. As you let your gaze fall onto the classroom once more, you made eye contact with a few classmates, smiling at them and receiving smiles in return. 'They seemed nice enough,' you thought to yourself in relief.

Just as you would have turned your attention back to the teachers, you noticed the patch of red hair once again. This time, you shifted your gaze to his face, and oh my god....

Could people even get this pretty? You couldn't help but ponder upon the thought, unknowingly beginning to stare at him, which he must have realized since he turned his head in your direction, making eye contact with you.

You felt like a deer caught in headlights and immediately looked away from his sharp mercury eyes. Glancing back at him once again, you were greeted by his lips curving up into a subtle smirk and making eye contact with you, which you were too flustered to reciprocate, looking away for good this time.

"You know what? I've had enough of you for the day," Karasuma finally concluded his scolding session. "Take care, [NAME]. Welcome to class 3E," he said to you as he exited the classroom.

Korosensei, who seemed to be done with the theatrics, stood upright and acknowledged you once again. "I apologize for keeping you waiting, [NAME]. You may take a seat behind Okuda-san for now," he said in a tone that made you think the government was severely mistaken about the culprit responsible for the now crescent moon.

Simply nodding at him, you walked over to the empty desk behind Okuda, who had raised her hand for you at the mention of her name. You gave her a grateful smile and settled into your chair, taking a moment to breathe before hanging your bag on the right side of your desk.

It was only then that you noticed you had been seated right next to the redhead who had been looking at you this entire time. Before you could utter a word to him, he took the lead and introduced himself.

"Karma. Karma Akabane," he whispered to you, keeping his voice low to not bring attention to your conversation.

"It's lovely to meet you, Karma. I'm-"

"[NAME]. You just said so," he chuckled softly, referring to your introduction just a few minutes ago.

Astounded, you tried to stammer back a reply before he interrupted you again.

"I'll take it you're related to Miss Bitch?" he asked in an all-knowing tone.

You laughed quietly at the nickname the class had given her, remembering her having mentioned it in one of her daily recap rambles she'd do while the two of you would eat dinner. It was one of the things you two shared between just the two of you, and you loved them.

"Yes, I'm related to 'Miss Bitch' as you so kindly call her," you whispered back in a humored tone. "She's my mother."

Karma let out a soft 'ah' sound in realization but didn't really seem too shocked. It would've been pretty obvious even if you hadn't explicitly said the words. There were the same last names, and your features were pretty much identical other than your (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes, which you suppose you must've gotten from your father.

Not that you'd know or anything because your mother was already done with the job by the time she had found out about you.

"Break's only in half an hour, [NAME] and Karma. I'm certain the interviewing can wait till then," Korosensei called the two of you out.

A few heads turned to look at the two of you as you promptly turned to face forward, feeling a bit abashed. You turned to Karma one last time, who'd already directed his gaze forwards, pretending nothing even happened in the first place, and laughed sheepishly to yourself before returning your full attention to the lesson.

❤︎───── ⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅ ─────❤︎