𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Date: November 2023

I stared at my boyfriend of fifteen years - well now ex-boyfriend in shock

I stared at my boyfriend of fifteen years - well now ex-boyfriend in shock. He dropped a bomb on me in the middle of a crowded restaurant. "What? You can't be serious right now, Javon, you are breaking up with me because you don't think I'm the one for you," I said as I blinked to keep my anger at bay.

I wanted to jump across the table and smack him for doing this to me. Fifteen fucking years down the drain. All of my time was wasted. Fifteen years and now he wants to break up. I couldn't believe it.

"We are two different people now, Nixie, please understand," Javon said.

"Oh, I understand," I said before I stood up and dropped my napkin on my plate. "You ain't shit for stringing me along like this for fifteen years, you will never be shit, and honestly, I hope—" I paused as I glanced behind Javon and noticed a table filled with familiar faces.

I groaned as I realized who was all at the table. It was Trinity, Bianca, with their men plus Pamela, Joseph, Joe, and Joshua. Shit, this is so humiliating. They probably heard everything.

I grabbed my purse and left the table. I walked through the restaurant and made it to the exit when suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder, pulling me. "Get your hands off of me," I said, turning my head and shrugging their hand off my shoulder.

"I'm not done talking," Javon said.

I rolled my eyes. "What is there left for you to say, Javon, please let me go," I said.

"I need you to understand what I'm saying," Javon said.

"I don't need to understand a thing, you wasted my time and that's that. Goodbye, Javon," I said, walking out of the restaurant. "Men ain't shit. I'm done with this love thing," I said as I walked through the parking lot searching for my car, I suddenly paused when I realized that Javon had driven me to the restaurant.

I regretfully lost my temper in the parking lot like a frustrated toddler. I was so angry that I didn't care who saw my outburst. It was wrong of him to end our relationship while knowing that I was relying on him for a ride home - that showed poor judgment. I should have confronted him about it right then, but instead, I composed myself, called an Uber, and removed myself from the situation.

Once I got home, I immediately packed up all of Javon's belongings and left them outside on the curb for him to collect, as I did not want him anywhere near my house.

After ensuring that none of his possessions remained with me, I called my older sister, Hydie, twin sister, Jovie, and my younger sister, Lottie to tell them about what had happened with Javon.

"You got to be kidding me," Hydie said.

"Oh hell no," Jovie said.

"I told you that fool was a bum. Now everyone at your job will realize you let him squander fifteen years of your life. I would be mortified if I were you," Lottie said.