𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

"So, you and Nixie, what's going on with that?" Joshua asked Joe.

Joe smiled. "It's going great although I can tell she's scared," Joe answered.

Joshua nodded. "Of course, she's scared. Fifteen years with a man who didn't value her, and broke up with her out of nowhere, she must have her guard up with you, uce," Joshua said.

Joe sighed. "I think she's waiting for me to be like 'This was fun but we're done' but she doesn't know how much I want her. I'm in it for the long run," Joe said.

"Does she know that?" Joshua asked him.

"Of course, I told her but I think she doesn't fully understand what I'm saying," Joe answered with a frown.

"I don't know I don't want to put anything in your head or make you overthink your situation with Nixie but you need to be firm with your communication with her because she is giving flight risk vibes, uce," Joshua told Joe.

Joe raised an eyebrow. "You think Nixie would dump me," Joe asked.

"I don't think, I know she will try to dump you, uce," Joshua answered.

"What makes you say that?" Joe asked.

"Her sister, Jovie, you know her twin, she told me," Joshua answered.

"And why would her twin tell you that?" Joe asked.

"Pillow talk," Joshua replied.

Joe was shocked. "You're fucking Jovie? This whole time, sweet dreams in your phone was Jovie," Joe said.

Joshua nodded. "Lord, I'm so glad to be able to finally tell someone," Joshua said.

"You kept that a secret for a good minute, uce," Joe said.

After meeting in April last year, Joshua and Jovie kept their relationship private until Jovie felt ready to go public. Joshua agreed to her request, wanting to show he could be there for her. Now that Jovie is comfortable being open about their relationship, Joshua looks forward to introducing her to his family as his girlfriend. He is thrilled that they have reached this stage. Hopefully, he can help Joe and Nixie achieve the same thing.

"You know Jovie is exactly like her twin, building walls around themselves so I had to keep us a secret until she was ready," Joshua said.

Joe placed his hand under his chin. "I'm happy for you, Josh, but what exactly has Jovie told you about Nixie?" Joe asked.

"Oh, Nixie is terrified," Joshua answered before explaining that Nixie is not afraid of Joe, but rather terrified of how this situation will turn out. "She fears that the initial infatuation that you have with her, you will lose interest in her because you once had to wait two years to be with her," Joshua explained, hoping his cousin grasped his meaning.

Joe frowned. "I would never, it's not infatuation, I like her, like a lot," Joe said.

"You have to show her that, don't let her run you off," Joshua said as he placed a hand on Joe's shoulder.

"I'm stuck on her like glue," Joe said.

"Damn straight," Joshua said.

"Thanks for telling me this," Joe said.

"No problem, uce," Joshua said.