17. ᴜɴᴛʀᴀᴄᴇᴀʙʟᴇ

SHIFA SALEEM

I completed my work as usual, Geetu bid me farewell since it was her last day at her work. I'll be seeing her at work after year or so. I wish her well and infrom her to let me know if she is struggling financially.

Nahima and Tanisha paid me a visit as usual and inquired about my new assistant. I tell them it's Shifana, and they say they're glad since its someone we know.

Tanisha questions "Between there were bodyguards out there, did something happen here?" i tilt my head, unsure of what she was talking about.

"There were no securities before, but when we entered the building, there were approximately 10 securities. Three in front door, Five in the main hall and Two on your floor. I couldn't spot any securities in canteen or any other floors." Nahima says as i stand from the chair.

"There weren't any securities in the morning but how come now?" I respond as we all glance at each other. I dial my colleague on the next floor, who is a junior therapist, and inquire her about the so-called bodyguards.

I put the line on speaker "I heard that the owner of this building's business partner offered some security  services. I asked the main receptionist and that's what they said." She responded when i asked about it.

I cut the line thanking her and turning towards my friends. "Isn't that building owner your father-- i meant now your brother shuhaib?" Nahima asks as i respond with "I guess i'll have to ask him about it when i get home."

We get back to our chitchat as i grab my bag to go out and hangout with my friends. We made all the way downstairs and as i stepped out of the building, a man with a stern voice spoke up prompting me and my friend to turn and take a look at him.

"Miss Shifa, is it?" The man questioned me. "Yes...I am, Is there anything u want to talk about?" I ask in return almost inquiring him because he was kinda nervous when he approached me. It was one of the so-called-security my bestie's mentioned.

"O-Oh y-yeah, A man dropped this present for you and informed me that it should reach you and only you." He responded by handing me a bouquet of flowers. Again a flower bouquet.

I thank him for it, even though i know it's strange and weird at the same time. Bestie's eyes were fixed on me and the flower bouquet i just received. Instead of asking who sent it, i was simply  glad that i had received a flower from God-knows who.

Nahima questions the security guard, or u can say he was a bodyguard with all those strong muscles and a gun placed on their pant. Nahima questiones if he knew who it is and starts asking about his features, "I-I dont know Ma'am" was all he could say. But why is he stuttering though?

Tanisha questions why the securities appeared out of nowhere, and he says it was all an order from up-above, which he can't share because it's his job. Me still staring at the random flower i got from a total stranger.

We thank him and walk to our car. I find a note inside the bouquet that was hidden from the first glance, but is clearly visible when you stare at the flower. I inform my friends opening the note.

It was still the same black card, written in golden ink, that i received yesterday. I read the note to my besties, who could also hear it.

"I understand you're happy because of the flower but don't be, my halal little mouse. Don't you ever be this happy the next time you receive it from someone other than me.        ~S"

I gasp at the note and turn to look around for anyone. My besties repeating the same thing, but there is no one. "L-little mouse?" Nahima blurts out looking at me as we both state together "Haunting Adeline!!."