PTV

It had been the early 2000's in El Paso Texas, Eddie Diaz was at a PTV concert. He had worked his ass off after convincing his parents he'd be safe to get them. And at the concert he met someone, someone who he'd never had assumed would be a friend so much later in his life. That friend was Lucy Chen, she wasn't from Texas, she had visited with her aunt to see her girlfriend - and for the PTV concert of course. She hadn't really told her parents because she was at a weird phase with them because they had been prioritizing their work more than her. But her aunt was cool with it, so it didn't really matter to her at the time.

At this point in his life he hadn't started dating Shannon yet, At this point he knew her, but they weren't together. So it's not like she was with him at the concert. Eddie and Lucy met because at the concert they were right next to each other, Lucy was with her Girlfriend on one side with Eddie on the other. Lucy had started a conversation with him about his favorite PTV songs, and whatnot They also had basically the same exact outfit on. They hit it off, they had a few pictures of this night with the three of them- and of course of the concert, Lucy had put it on her MySpace after. Even after the concert the three of them hung out, Lucy was in Texas for a month out of the summer so if she wasn't hanging out with her girlfriend they were all hanging out.

 Actually in the middle of the month Lucy and Her girlfriend were hanging out in her (her Girlfriends) room home alone, and her parents got home and they found the two kissing (PG kissing guys, not like making out). Her now ex girlfriend made her leave but like out the window which she fell out of onto bushes, after Screaming at Lucy to get out. (She and her parents had acted like Lucy made her gay and was the one who got her into 'satan' Music. It was really hard on both of them obviously.) She had even ghosted Lucy when she tried to apologize to her, but that's the story of How Lucy broke her foot. It was weird explaining that whole situation to Eddie who was the one that helped her get back to her aunt, and it was weird she still had two weeks left in texas without the person she went for. But hey she had a new friend, so at least there was that. (I wrote this abt an MCR reference very loosely)