- Rabbit Charm -

— 5 years ago —

He stood tall, his hair neatly placed in a balanced way. His light eyes unparalleled in beauty, and the corners of his lips ever so slightly curled upwards. He was such a treat for the eyes.

"Jeon Jung-guk" A man with a long, thin white beard and the aura of wisdom spoke. "Here." Jungkook replied to him, then marched forth, towards him. The old man handed him a medal.

The medal read "Hunter : participation award" Jungkook bowed his head down as the old man placed the medal around his neck. A feeling of proudness surged Jungkook.

He couldn't take his eyes off the shiny metal, and smiled proudly, holding it in his hands. The old man then continued to call other participants, giving out around 15 medals.

These were all the men who participated in a hunting competition. And then lastly, the wise man spoke "Kim Dae Ho" That's when the crowd split in half, and from materialized a graceful figure.

The graceful figure stood an inch or two higher than Jungkook, his elegant features placed delicately on his face, defying the laws of beauty. When standing next to him, you couldn't help but feel inferior.

The old man hung the biggest of the medal around his neck, and gave him a light tap on the shoulder. "You'll achieve great things if you continue this way young man" He felt proud of this youth.

In the room right now, they were all either 16 or 17, nonetheless all were called "youths". Jungkook was envious of Dae-Ho, comparing the size of the awards they each got.

Once the ceremony was called over, the youths went out as a crowd and stared at Dae-Ho's trophy is awe.
"I'll get it one day!" "it's so much bigger than ours" some voices spoke.

Dae-ho held the trophy is his hand yet his eyes only looked at Jungkook, who unlike the others, seemed upset. "Can we talk? privately." The other youths dispersed.

Dae-ho spoke kindly, and gently, like talking to a child. "What's making you upset?" Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Hyung, you're so much better than me at everything, it's starting to take the fun out of being a hunter."

Dae-ho calmly responded to his argument, "Jungkook, our family has the honor to be one of 5 clans who are hunters. This tradition cannot end with us, you cannot ever hate being a hunter."

Then Dae-ho put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder, comforting him "I catched 130. You catched a 113, we are not that different." Jungkook slowly realized just how much of a brat he sounded like.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just can't deal with the comparisons from mom & dad anymore" Dae-ho pursed his lips finally understanding where all his pent up hate was coming from.

"I'll talk to mom & dad" Jungkook smiled at the kindness of his older brother, and immediately jumped into his arms. "You're the best brother ever" Dae-ho finally let out a chuckle. "you too"

Dae-ho spoke to their parents that night, but nothing had changed. Instead, Jungkook was sent to the library to transcribe random books as a punishment, as he was usually.

Being a man of action and energy, sitting in a room for hours, transcribing old books covered in dust was probably his worst nightmare- and it was unfolding right in front of him!

Jungkook scrunched up his nose in a fight against boredom, his eyes travelled around the library. They reached the window, and his eyes met a beauty. He wasn't sure if it was a painting or an actual human.

But when the painting blinked, he realized it was just a flawless person! a real one at that... Then his eyes met the uniform she was wearing. Unlike his black and green one, hers was red.