The Extermination

(y/n) pov

I hear the bells in the clock tower chime. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and look over to see Vaggie.

Vaggie: You know you don't have to be here to witness it.

Me: I-... I think it's better if I do.

Vaggie: Just... don't do anything rash, okay?

Me: Yes, Vaggie.

She kissed my cheek and exited the room.

Clink clink clink

I look up...

Lute: Hello, human~

Me: Lute...

I open the window, and she lands inside. She takes her helmet off, then stares me down... but then she smiles, but in a creepy kind of way.

Lute: Why do you fight for this filth?

Me: They aren't-... they aren't filth.

Lute: Then why are they down here? If they were anything better than scum, they would be in heaven.

I look over to the flower in a small vase.

Me: Heh... they're certainly better you guys upstairs.

She slams me into the wall, gritting her teeth. She gets close to my ear, and whispers to me.

Lute: You will not disrespect Heaven like that.

Me: Yeah... and what're you going to do? If you kill me, Sera will know, and she'll shut down the exterminations.

Lute: You think you're that important to her?

Me: No... she just really hates Adam.

Lute: You-...

Me: Lute...

I lightly grab her wrist and look down at her.

Me: I've seen people down here who... they just don't deserve this. There are children down here, who barely got to live their lives... don't you feel like there's something wrong... with this system.

Lute: Y-you... you don't get it-

Me: There isn't anything to get, genuinely kind people are forced to stay down here just because of some fucking coin flip!

Lute pulled her wrist out of my hand and looked at me with somber eyes.

Lute: You shouldn't be defending them, you're too good for that!

Me: Then where do you think I would end up!?

She stared at me, shocked.

Lute: Y-you would... you would go to Heaven of course!

Me: Lute... I've killed people... I killed a man even before taking this job. I'm the last person I know that would end up in Heaven.

Lute: I kill too! It's what do for a living! You would still end up there!

Me: I don't want to go to Heaven!

Her eyes widen, and she stares at me in shock, I see a bit of sadness in her look.

Lute: W-why would you not-

The door is busted open. I see Vaggie, Charlie, and Angel in the doorway.

Vaggie: You!

Lute quickly puts her helmet on and starts flying up. She looks at me, and frowns.

Lute: Until next time, human.