regarding wilbur (the cc) [2/26/24]

edited now that it's confirmed

i'm sure most of you are aware about the situation regarding shubble's experience with abuse that wilbur perpetrated. if not, you can look for the vod and wilbur's response pretty easily

at this point, it's clear. wilbur abused her and there's no dancing around the subject. i am not particularly inclined to believe his side of the story either (that he "thought she enjoyed it" or whatever) given the way shubble described the events during her stream. to be clear: i am treating this as wilbur is an abuser. i am not treating this as he just made a mistake. i'm not going to get on a massive tangent about it but if someone ignores repeatedly being told to stop, then they can no longer claim innocence.

either way, this book is finished and has been for a while now. it serves its purpose and that purpose is to provide comfort and entertainment to transgender people in the fandom. even though its main character is wilbur, that character is really more of an oc mixed with parts of myself, with a bit of influence from c!wilbur. it was never about the cc and it's not going to start being about him.

i'm going to leave this story up and i'm not going to edit anything in it. no matter what wilbur did, it's not worth getting rid of this, since it provides a bit of comfort to some people. wiping wilbur's name from my profile isn't going to do anything. i most assuredly do not support him, i just think that getting rid of everything will do more harm than good.

other than that, let's all just remember that this is about shubble. she deserves your support, so please send it to her. wilbur doesn't need your attention. he has enough.

- pea (peristeronicx)