AC #7: THE PREGNANCY

Twyla stared at the two pink lines on the pregnancy test, feeling a surge of mixed emotions. She had been trying to conceive for months, but now that it was finally happening, she felt scared and uncertain. How would her Chase react? How would she cope with the changes in her body and her life? 

Twyla decided to wait until Chase came home from work yo tell him the news. She wanted to see his face and share this moment with him. She hoped he would be happy, that he would hug her, kiss her, and tell her everything would be fine. She loved him more than anything. 

Twyla prepared his favorite dinner, set the table with candles and flowers, and put the pregnancy test in small gift box. She heard Chase's car pull up in the driveway, and her heart skipped a beat. She ran to the door and opened it, smiling.

"Hi, honey, welcome home!" Twyla said, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Hi, babe, you look beautiful," Chase said, wrapping his arms around her. "What's the occasion?"

Twyla led him to the dining room, where the food was waiting. "I have a surprise for you," Twyla said, handing him the gift box. "Open it."

Chase looked at her curiously, then opened the box. He pulled out the pregnancy test and stared at it; hi eyes widened. He looked at her, then back at the test, then at her again.

"Is this...are you....?" he stammered, unable to finish his sentence. 

Twyla nodded, biting her lip. "Yes, I'm pregnant. We're going to have a baby."

Chase dropped the pregnancy test and hugged her tightly, lifting her off the ground. He kissed her all over her face, then whispered in her ear, "I love you, Twyla. I love you so much. This is the best gift ever. I'm so happy and excited. We're going to be parents, Twyla. We're going to have a baby."

Twyla felt tears of joy streaming down her face as she hugged him back. She felt his warmth, his love, and his happiness. She felt their baby growing inside her—a part of both of them. She felt complete.

"I love you, Chase. I love you more than anything. We're going to have a baby," she repeated, smiling.

They kissed again, then sat down to enjoy their dinner. They talked about their future, their plans, and their dreams. They were the happiest couple in the world. 

The next day, Twyla and Chase decided to call their parents and tell them the news. They were both nervous and excited, wondering how they would react. They called Twyla's parents first, who lived in a nearby town. Twyla's mother answered the phone, sounding cheerful.

"Hi, Mom, it's Twyla. How are you?" Twyla said.

"Hi, sweetie, I'm fine. How are you and Chase?" her mother said.

"We're good, Mom. We have something to tell you. Something very important," Twyla said.

"What is it, honey? Is everything okay?" her mother said, sounding concerned.

"Yes, Mom, everything is more than okay. It's wonderful. Mom, I'm pregnant. You're going to be a grandmother," Twyla said, holding her breath.

There was a moment of silence, then a loud scream of joy from her mother. 

"Oh, my God, Twyla, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations, sweetheart! You're going to be a mother! Oh, I can't wait to see you and hug you and kiss you and your baby bump! Where's Chase? Let me talk to him!" her mother said, gushing.

Twyla handed the phone to Chase, who smiled and said hello. He heard Twyla's father's voice in the background, congratulating them and saying how proud he was of them. He also heard Twyla's mother crying and laughing at the same time. He felt warm feeling in his chest, knowing that they had their support and love. 

They talked for a while, sharing their excitement and happiness. Twyla's parents asked them about their plans, their due date, their doctor, and their baby's gender. They said they didn't know yet, but they would keep them updated. They also said they wanted to visit them soon and celebrate with them. Twyla's parents agreed, saying they couldn't wait to see them and their grandchild. 

They ended the call with more congratulations and expressions of love. Twyla and Chase hugged each other, feeling relieved and happy. They called Chase's parents next, who lived in another country. They had to wait for a few minutes until they got connected. Chase's mother answered the phone, sounding warm. 

"Hello, who is this?" Mrs. Dawson said. 

"Hi, Mom, it's Chase. How are you?" Chase said. 

"Chase? Is that you? How are you, my son?" she said. 

"I'm good, Mom. How are you and Dad?" Chase said.

"We're good, too, son. We miss you a lot. How is Twyla?"

"She's good, Mom. She's very good. We have something to tell you. Something very important."

"What is it?"

"Twyla is pregnant. You're going to be grandmother and father," Chase said, hoping for a positive reaction.

"Where's Twyla? Let me talk to her." Chase handed the phone to Twyla, who smiled and said hello. She heard Chase's mother squealing and clapping her hands. She felt a warm feeling in her chest, knowing that they had their support. They wanted to visit them soon and celebrate with them and then they ended the call. 

Author's Note: Hi, everyone! This is dghlmnrt; it's been two months since I wrote this story. Thank you for continuing to read my story. I dedicated this chapter to all of you, and I am happy to see that you guys are growing and supporting this story. Until the next chapter.