Chapter 4

Neo

Azura was strung up by her wrist with rusted chains as I watched two men use my girl as a punching bag.

Rage blinded me as she just groaned with each hit. Her body was scattered in gashes and bruises. Azura must have been through hell since I last saw her, for her to take these punches with no crying or screaming.

I raised my gun shooting both the men in the head. Franco was stupid only leaving two men here.

I rushed over to where her body hung unconscious in the middle of the warehouse. Moving up close the markings on her small figure become worse.

Gun fire starts up outside but I don't care about that, only this broken angel in front of me.

As I softly grabbed her face in between my palms, making her head jerk back seeing who touched her. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, then looked behind me where the gun fight was happening just outside.

"W-who are y-you?" Her voice came out weak and gravelly as she looked over me trying to figure me out.

I chuckled as I put my left arm around her, making her go stiff as a wood plank. "Relax little survivor, I'm trying to help." I unlatched the bolt holding her wrist to the ceiling, scooping her up in my arms before she could collapse to the ground.

She winced at my hold. "Sorry darling. I'll get you checked out as soon as we get out of here." The shooting had stopped outside as Mikel walked through the door holding his shoulder where blood dripped out of a bullet hole.

"Boss, we took them down but Franco wasn't among them." He told me in Greek, but Azura caught on to Franco's name.

"Franco?" The terror on her face said everything.

"Well, well, well." Someone chuckled behind me. "The Prince Charming has come to save his princess."

Mikel drew his gun to someone behind me as Azura grabbed me, burrowing her head into my chest like she could escape.

Holding her closer I turned around facing the man that kidnapped my little survivor.

"Keep your eyes closed sweetheart." I mumbled to Azura, feeling her head turn into my neck.

She is too innocent to watch someone being shot. Even though she would want to kill Franco herself, I wont allow her to do that, yet.

"Do you not realise, you are surrounded. And all your men are dead." I chuckled, stepping towards Mikel handing him Azura. "It's ok he is one of mine." I whispered in her ear, walking forward towards Franco.

As soon as I approached him all of my men had their guns pointed at Franco. "Today, have this as a lesson to never underestimate someone with more power than you." I spat at him, before turning away nodding at one of my men.

Walking behind him, he kicked the back of Franco's left knee. Franco was a low life thief with a little gang trying his best to work up the ranks.

I laughed at the yelp that came out of his mouth. I grabbed my gun, turned the safety off shooting him in the shin.

A scream erupted from him as he fell to the ground, gripping the wound.

I sighed, looking around my eyes landing on Azura curled up in Mikel's arms with her head borrowed into his neck. I need to get her out of here, but at the same time show that I have no weaknesses. If my men don't see me as a ruthless boss then no one will.

"Boys have fun with him. Keep him alive." I looked at the pathetic man in front of me. "Barely." I told my men, walking out of the building with Mikel following with Azura.