ONE

"SO, THIS INDIANAPOLIS place," robin was talking to her manager and best friend, steve harrington. "you ever been?"

they were on a phone call as robin packed her bags to go to her next stop.

"i haven't, but i think it'll be good. especially if you sing the way you did last night," steve replied.

she had her first show last night. it was her local show, as she performed in new york city. she had a good turnout, and the fans seemed to be crazy over her.

her new york show and indiana show were her closest shows together, since she didn't need any extra time to stay in new york. she's been there all her life, she knows the area well.

"was it that good?" robin asked sheepishly. one positive trait robin had was no matter how popular she got, she was humble about it. she didn't see herself as better than anyone else.

"it was incredible! the best i've ever seen you perform, if i'm being honest"

"that's relieving. i was worried people weren't going to like my songs live"

"they seemed to love it," steve smiled into the phone. "we have a little under three hours until we need to leave. be ready to go, and i'll see you soon"

"okay, okay"

robin hung up and put her phone in her pocket, turning her attention back to the suitcase in front of her.

three hours later, robin and steve were in steve's car, driving to indianapolis. it was about an eleven hour drive, but they were splitting the drive into two days. they got a hotel a little over halfway through the trip.

realistically, her concert wasn't for another three days anyways.

-

all summer could think about was her upcoming concert. she had already planned out her makeup, outfit, jewelry, and hairstyle. she was supposed to be going with three of her friends, one of which she had bought a ticket for.

nancy was still wallowing in her self-pity, rotting away in her bed like a corpse. she had been with izzy for years, and she missed her. nancy really loved izzy, and she hated her life without izzy in it.

nancy fought the urge every day to text izzy once again. to beg for her back, to tell her how much she missed her. she hated them being broken up, she hadn't been single in years.

summer tried her best to comfort nancy, but it was difficult when all nancy could think about was wanting izzy back in her life. nothing summer could say would change nancy's mind- she was hopelessly in love with izzy.

-

on the day of the concert, robin awoke in her hotel room. she was stretched out across the whole mattress, laid out similar to the way a starfish would be.

she yawned and stretched under her covers, leaning over to check her alarm. it was only seven, meaning she had time for hotel breakfast and time to get ready before she had to be at the venue.

she called steve, who was staying in the room next to hers. it rang a few times before he picked up.

"hey, i'm gonna head down for breakfast," she stated, putting her shoes on and glancing at herself in the mirror.

"give me two minutes and i'll be ready" steve spoke on the other side. robin agreed and he hung up.

exactly two minutes later, he softly knocked on the door to her room. she opened it, standing face-to-face with a tired-looking steve.

robin left the room and the two walked down the hallway, heading for the elevator. steve pressed the button and they waited for the elevator in silence.

"so, is this going to be a silent breakfast?" steve asked, rocking back and forth from the ball of his feet to his heel.

"you know my rule," robin replied with a smile.

"no talking on show days. i know, save your voice and all. i just hate it, it's sad"

robin silently laughed at him, and they stepped into the elevator.

-

summer excitedly texted her friends on concert morning. she told everyone how excited she was and to meet at her place to get ready at noon. she figured they'd want time to get ready without rush, take some pictures, and get there early for a good spot in line.

however, her friends replied to let her know they could no longer make it. this meant the ticket she bought for her friend was now available, and she was going to lose her money she paid for it.

she was sad about her friends canceling on her, but she formed a plan in her head. she could force nancy to come with her, that way she doesn't have to go alone and her ticket gets used.

she knocked on nancy's bedroom door, rehearsing what she was going to say. nancy yelled for her to come in, and summer threw the door open.

"it's concert day!" summer sang as she entered the room, a smile plastered on her face. "but guess what happened"

"what happened?"

"they canceled on me! ava and sam and them. i have nobody to go with"

"that sucks, i'm sorry," nancy replied, frowning at summer.

"but...i had a great idea! you should come with me tonight"

"no i should not," nancy laughed.

"yes you should! i don't want to go alone, and you need to get out of the house. plus, i have an extra ticket!"

nancy didn't reply, and silence hung in the air for a few moments.

"please?" summer asked, giving nancy puppy dog eyes.

"fine, but only because i want to get out of the house"

-

robin, on the other hand, arrived at the studio a few hours later. she had her team waiting to do her hair, makeup, and make sure her voice sounded fine. she did vocal warmups while her assistants started helping her get ready.

she practiced running through her songs, and steve was coaching her with a few last-minute pointers. she nervously took a few breaths as they headed to her van to ride to the venue.

she arrived at the venue and saw a few fans waiting outside. her nerves spiked, making her visibly shake.

"you'll do fine," steve reassured her. "just look for pretty girls in the crowd to calm you down"

"yeah, i probably will," robin laughed, half joking.

robin felt the van stop and get put in park, meaning it was time to go inside. she swallowed her anxiety and stepped out of the van, heading inside for the show of her life.