TWO

AS ROBIN PREPARED to start, the crowd began to fill the room, and robin could hear their chants and conversations.

summer and nancy were among the crowd, standing only a couple rows from the stage. she had a clear view of the stage, regardless of the fact that she was shorter than most of the people around her.

summer was practically jumping up and down in excitement, rambling about how excited she was for robin to come out. nancy gave the occasional 'uh huh' or 'right' while she scrolled through her phone.

robin got her cue and headed on stage, causing the whole room to applaud her. nancy glanced up from her phone, but had to look a second time when she saw how gorgeous robin was.

robin's short, blonde hair sat just above her shoulders. it was thrown around messily, but in a cute way. she had on a simple black baby tee, which was paired with a pair of baggy low rise jeans. she had black platform boots to match her shirt, and a few rings and bracelets for accessories.

nancy's gaze was transfixed on robin, unable to pull her eyes off her. she turned off her phone and put it in her pocket, her eyes not leaving robin.

robin began her concert by singing her first song. it was a sexy, indie style song. nancy had never listened to her music much, but she was definitely listening now. her eyes hadn't left robin since the moment she saw her.

robin scanned the crowd as she sang, seeing many people with their phones out recording. she made eye contact with a few of them. she continued to look through the crowd, her eyes eventually landing on nancy.

she couldn't help but stare for a few, taking in all of nancy's features. the only word she could think was damn. she gave nancy a little smile during the music break before looking at someone else.

nancy could see her looking, and she blushed when robin smiled at her. she looked over at summer, who was looking at nancy with a mix of shock and excitement.

"she was staring at me right?" nancy whispered, her mouth only inches from summer's ear.

"yes! i saw it!" summer whispered back in nancy's ear.

nancy smiled at summer before looking back at the stage.

robin's first song ended, and everyone began cheering for her afterwards. nancy screamed as loud as she could, a big smile on her face.

"hi guys!" robin spoke into the mic, and everyone began cheering again. it gave robin a boost of confidence to continue. "i'm super excited to be in indianapolis! i've never been here before"

she paused, taking a deep breath. "i wanted to thank everyone for coming. your support means the world to me!"

"i see a lot of," she looked at nancy, making eye contact with her. "pretty faces in the crowd"

nancy almost melted into the floor during that moment. she could feel her heart racing, and couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face.

"and i'm really happy you all could be here. i look forward to meeting some of you in the vip lounge after the show"

"we have vip tickets," summer whispered, nudging nancy.

the thought of meeting robin face-to-face made nancy's reply get caught in her throat. she was worried she'd embarrass herself in front of robin.

"let's get on with the next song, shall we?" robin asked into the microphone, causing everyone to cheer once again.

robin began her next song, it was upbeat and fun. everyone in the crowd was jumping around and dancing, creating the most positive atmosphere. nancy and summer joined in by dancing together, jumping up and down and spinning around.

nancy noticed robin look at her a few times, making nancy question whether she was imagining it or not. she slowly tried to push herself and summer closer to the stage, but it was more difficult than they anticipated. instead of getting closer to the stage, they were stuck in the same spot and had gained many glares from people in front of them.

robin played many songs, but the crowd's favorite was definitely her seductive, raspy single she performed. she danced around on stage, rubbing her hands along the microphone stand and her body. she made eye contact with nancy for a lot of that song, making nancy's entire face turn red.

-

robin tried hard to tear her eyes away from nancy throughout the whole show, but it was very difficult. she tried coming to the front of the stage and reaching into the crowd, hoping to grab nancy's. however, nancy was too far, and she didn't get to.

after the show, she was out of breath and exhausted. she sat in a room behind the stage, catching her breath while she waited for steve to bring her a bottle of water.

steve came back and handed her the water, sitting in a chair next to her.

"you were insane out there!" he exclaimed. "i have never seen you that confident before"

"was it that good?" robin grinned.

"dude, i have never seen you perform better than that"

"there was a cute girl in the crowd" robin replied, raising the bottle to her mouth and chugging the rest.

"of course that's what is was," steve laughed, playfully rolling his eyes. "just hope she got vip then"

"i am. i need to change before i go down there"

"i have your outfit laid out for you in the changing room"

"perfect, thank you"

"go get changed, you only have a couple minutes" he instructed, looking at his watch.

"okay, i'm going!" robin raised her arms in surrender and headed to the dressing room.

-

summer and nancy fought through the after-show crowd, trying their best to make it through without being trampled or photobombing someone.

they got in the line for the vip lounge. it was an exclusive ticket that was only available to twenty five people. summer had sat in the ticket queue for six hours to get a ticket, and had been lucky to score two.

"nancy wheeler!" summer scolded in her mom voice. "are we going to ignore how robin was staring at you the whole show?"

"she wasn't. she was probably looking at people around me"

"she was looking at you!"

"not true"

"please have your tickets as well as your id ready to be checked!" a worker shouted, trying to project his voice over the crowd.

when it was finally summer and nancy's turn in the line, they scanned their tickets. nancy took a deep breath before following summer inside, not sure what to expect in the night ahead of her.