Chapter 4

Chapter 4

So why do I disappear,
When you come near,
It makes me feel so small.

Jack

I walked into the kitchen, where the drinks were placed on the counters, and grabbed a beer. Merida did the same thing and I watched as Hiccup got hold of a red bull.

The three of us continued to converse with one another in the kitchen, drink in hand.

I finished the bottle I was holding and placed it on the counter before I grabbed a new one.

"Hey, Jack. Take it easy, bro. Pretty sure drinking at our age is illegal unless we're with someone that's over the age of 21." Hiccup said playfully and I shrugged in reply.

"Don't worry, Hic. I can take care of myself. I think. And it's my first party, I should try to enjoy it while it lasts." I replied with a grin, and Hiccup chuckled as he patted my back.

"Wow, Jack. I didn't take you to be someone who likes to drink." He said and I smirked.

"There's a lot you don't know about me." I replied and took a sip from from the beer bottle that I was holding.

I watched as Merida finished her bottle, and placed it onto the counter. 

I gave her a questioning look since she didn't get another one.

"Babysitting tomorrow morning. You've already met my brothers. If I end up drinking more, I'll get a hangover. And a hangover isn't good with 3 little devils running around the damn house." She replied and I laughed.

2 hours later...

We all ended up in Hans' backyard where everyone was dancing on the patio. There were some people messing around in his pool, and other people playing beer pong.

Rapunzel and Elsa emerged from inside the house and approached us side-by-side.

For the past 2 hours, we've all just been chatting, dancing, and drinking the night away.

Rapunzel was stumbling as they approached us, and Elsa was laughing as she looked over at her.

Her laugh is adorable.

I shook the thought away as I finished my fourth beer bottle of the night. I ran a hand through my hair and listened to the music blasting from the speakers, realizing that a new song started playing.

"Oh my gosh! Jack, this is my song! Let's dance!" Merida yelled over the music and pulled me to where everyone was dancing.

I laughed as we both started dancing together, and the others joined us.

I caught Rapunzel before she could hit the ground as we were all dancing, and she struggled to stand up on her feet as she giggled. I helped her up and she leaned against me as I did so, noticing Elsa scowling as she looked in my direction.

"Uh, Elsa. How much did she drink?" Hiccup asked, helping me get her off of me.

"Um. On a scale of 1-10, 7...?" She said, trailing off and rubbing her neck.

I chuckled and she blushed as I did so.

"What did I tell you?" Hiccup asked.

"Make sure she doesn't drink a lot." Elsa mumbled.

"And what did you do?"

"Let her drink a lot." She mumbled again.

"C'mon Hiccup! It's a party! Let loose!" I said, and noticed the small slur in my voice.