Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Why do I blow my lines
Most every time like I
Got no chance at all...

Elsa

"Sure." I replied, lifting myself off of him and laid down next to him. I looked over in his direction as he adjusted his position, leaning on his side to look at me.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He seemed to sober up a little.

"You make me really nervous." He spoke, his voice still slurring, the smell of alcohol lingering in it.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I can't talk to you because of how nervous you make me. I bet Merida already told you. But, it's just... my entire body shuts down whenever you talk to me. I know, it sounds stupid." He said and I blushed.

"Aw... that's sweet. I thought you just hated me or something. I know that you won't remember this in the morning, but I'll tell you anyway. You make me nervous too, Jack. It's hard to tell, but trust me, you do."

He sat up and I copied his actions.

"I have a deal for you." He slurred, and I noticed his drooping eyes.

I nodded and he continued.

"We don't speak of this. Ever. To anyone. Not even between us. Only when we like, need to. If that makes sense. Deal?"

"Sure." I said, extending my arm out.

His hand wrapped around mine, and we shook on it.

He grinned at me before laying back down, and in seconds, fell asleep.

I chuckled and put him in a more comfortable sleeping position. I got off of the bed, walking out of his bedroom, and made my way downstairs.

Jack's mom was still in the living room, and the light emitted from the TV flashed on the walls.

"Mind if I grab some aspirin for Jack?" I asked, grinning.

"Of course not, Elsa. Go ahead." she said, motioning towards a cabinet in the kitchen.

I opened the cabinet and grabbed the container of aspirin before making my way back upstairs and into his room.

I placed the aspirin on the his bedside table and grabbed a notebook that was on his desk. I ripped out an empty piece of paper and put the notebook back where I found it.

I got hold of a pencil, and wrote a note on the paper.

You owe me since I took care of your drunk idiot self. Here's some aspirin. Take care ~

Elsa xx

I didn't plan on telling him what he did at all tonight, wondering if he would remember the events that took place anyway.

I walked up to Jack, who was laying down on the bed, sleeping peacefully.

"Night, Frost. Hope you're okay tomorrow." I said and placed a small kiss on his forehead.

I got hold of all my belongings, and walked out of the bedroom. I made my way back downstairs and looked over at Mrs. Frost.

"Bye Mrs. Frost!" I said and waved at her.

"Bye Elsa! I hope to see you around more." She said and waved back before I stepped outside the front door.

I looked around, and realized that his house was just a few blocks away from mine.

I started walking home, Jack's words racing through my mind.

Jack

The next morning...