01. {new girl's got balls}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"drivers licence revoked, forced to move to a new town, parole officers on my ass at all times." tabitha silver listed all of her current problems to her brother. "could my life become any worse?" the girl had her window side rolled down, allowing the summer breeze to make its way into the car.

it had only been a week since the family had moved into town, but it had been the worst week for tabitha. she was extremely bored. especially since it was summer break and nearly all of her entertainment came from school, because that's where all the people she could torment would be found.

theodore silver chuckled at her from the driver's seat of the grey ford fiesta. "drivers license revoked because of how many speeding tickets you've gotten and that one time you chased that girl from school with the car-"

"it was barely a chase." tabitha scoffed at his hyperbole.

"she was on foot, tabby." theodore reminded her, "you were in the car. that's borederline harassment... at least that's what your parole officer thought."

"yeah, and what about all the times she's harassed me?" tabitha contested. "but no one blinked an eyelid at that, huh? parole officer looks the other way."

"anyways." theo shook his head with a smile at her dramatics. one thing he loved about his sister was that she always amused him. he found her antics genuinely funny, but only when she wasn't overcome with actual dangerous rage. the two were polar opposites, but they still were very close.

"forced to move to a new town because you made so many enemies in silver lake, that mom was scared she would be beaten up just for giving birth to you. so, she thought she'd feel safer in her home town."

"oh she was so overdramatic for that." tabitha shook her head in disappointment.

"and finally, parole officers officers on your butt because by law, you are classified as a juvenile delinquent." theo finished.

see there was a line between juvenile delinquent and actual criminal that tabitha silver metaphorically stood on, waiting for the wind to blow her in either direction.

been arrested? tick. overnight stay in juvie? tick. overnight stay in a prison cell? tick. managing to piss off the judge during your court hearing? tick. and her personal favourite, being forced to wear an ankle monitor? tick.

tabitha silver should be rotting in a jail cell by now. the only thing preventing that is the fact that her mother was a lawyer. and since the judicial system was already so fucked and corrupt, tabitha was always let off easier than she should've been.

"i get that you hope to be a lawyer like mom, or a therapist, or whatever your dream job is this week... but that does not give you permission to psychoanalyse me." tabitha warned him.