04. {beach club}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

everyone in the dojo had spread out, being instructed to do their own warm ups while their sensei was in his office. but tabitha, hawk, aisha and a few other students were too occupied with john kreese's war stories.

"you got to understand that mogadishu in the nineties was a hellhole." he said. "warlords controlled swaths of the city. me and my team were sent there to clean up."

miguel was sat on the ground, stretching out his legs as he listened from afar.

"how many warlords did you kill?" hawk asked.

kresse turned his eyes to him. "do you keep track of every ant you stomp out?" he asked, making hawk gasp in amazement.

"woah." aisha gushed.

"badass." hawk smirked, miguel rolling his eyes.

"they were outgunned, we were outmanned." kreese continued, "i tell you, rwanda was no joke."

"don't you mean somalia?" miguel corrected him as he stood to his feet.

aisha and hawk shared a look as kresse slowly to look at face miguel.

"mogadishu is in somalia, rwanda's a whole different country." the teen boy explained.

"of course, somalia." kresse chuckled, "i've spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together, you know?"

"makes sense." tabitha nodded, absolutely intrigued at his stories. her mom used to threaten to send her into cadets or the navy if she didn't get her act right. so the girl would spend her time researching about it, pretending she would love to go to make her mother annoyed.

"listen up!" johnny entered the main room, "i see we've got some new recruits. everybody, fall in."

the students, new and old, followed the sensei's instructions and got into the expected rows.

"in neat rows and lines." johnny ordered. "time to see what you're made of." johnny mumbled as he walked around the students, "straighten up, ginger twins."

johnny set his eyes on an short, older looking man who had a blue bandana tied around his head. he clearly stuck out to the rest of them seeing as they were teenagers and he was... a grown man.

"sorry, parents can't stay for class." johnny told him, "it's an insurance thing."

"i'm not a dad. i... i am here to kick some ass, sir!" the man yelled.

"do i know you from somewhere?" johnny quizzed.

"oh, yeah, the, uh... i sold you the mirror." raymond admitted, "we kind of bonded, talked about rock bands."