05. {to all the boys i've ever loved before}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"what are you doing here?" miguel questioned, watching intently as tabitha sat down in the chair opposite him.

they had all gone to the local diner after their karate lesson. the girls sat on a different table, having a good time. while miguel sat on his own sulking and moping around, bringing the whole mood down.

"tory and i played rock, paper, scissors over who would come check if you're okay." she explained.

"and you won?" miguel assumed.

"absolutely not." tabitha scoffed. "so... what are you doing?"

"um..." miguel trailed off, practically guarding his laptop.

"oh... it's pornography?" tabitha questioned. "i mean, i'm not going to judge."

"yet you are the most judgemental person i know." miguel admitted. "and no, it's nothing dirty but... i-i could use a girl's opinion on this actually."

"okay."

"but you have to promise not to laugh." miguel ordered.

"no." tabitha refused.

"okay... look." miguel reluctantly turned the screen of his laptop around. "ta-da."

on it was a black screen with a large red heart emoji. tabitha pressed play and an image of miguel appeared in the left side of the heart.

"the song is this '80s band—" miguel started.

"roxette. i know." tabitha interrupted him. "and there's sam." tabitha questioned as a brunette girl faded into the other half of the image.

"wait, you've met her?" miguel furrowed his eyebrows.

"something like that." tabby shrugged.

then a hand moved over and chopped the heart in half, displaying the text:

'my heart is broken without you.'

but tabitha frowned, trying to decode the sentence. she didn't want to ask miguel what it said and embarrass herself. but the words went away before she could even read it.

"oh, wait, watch this right here." an outline of an octopus appeared, magically mending the heart. "sam and i have this thing for octopuses. or octopi. it's kind of like our relationship mascot."