03. {fire and ice}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"and where have you been?" theo questioned, sitting on the chair behind the kitchen counter.

"what the hell are you doing?" tabitha groaned, closing the front door. "you're not my mom."

"no." theo nodded. "but i am your twin, so you are obligated to tell me."

"went to get some drugs, got with some boy instead. then some man came knocking on his door to take him to his house, so i had to climb through his bedroom window." tabitha explained, scanning the fridge. "thank goodness he lives on the ground floor."

"you're using again?" theo questioned, his heart pounding in his chest as he awaited her answer.

"it was just a little mary jane." tabitha told him, the white ecstasy pill sitting in her letterman jacket pocket. "and don't say 'using' like it was ever a serious problem."

"okay. wait, you got with a guy?" theo inquired. "was it miguel? you guys have got this hate thing going on right now, but i can see right through it."

"gag me with a literal spoon." tabitha laughed. "hell would have to literally freeze over twice before i'd consider touching the champion."

"so you hate him because he's good at karate?" theo hummed. "you forget your good at karate too."

"no. i hate him because he's boring." tabitha corrected.

"you don't even know him."

"know enough." tabitha shrugged, pulling out the carton of orange juice.

"so, who was it?"

tabitha paused. "you know i actually forgot his name."

"been in this place for a week and you're already ticked off one night stand from your list." theo joked. "for all we know, you could now be at risk of an sti."

"please, we did not have sex." tabitha laughed. "i just met the guy. what do you take me for?"

theo shrugged. "i take you for my beautiful sister who—"

"spent my last money on the weed, don't bother." tabitha cut him off.

"what if i just wanted to compliment you?"

tabitha laughed. "i know you, teddy. now, don't come into my room."

"okay." theo nodded, watching her depart the kitchen. "wasn't even going to!"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"her name is tabitha." hawk explained to his best friend, demetri alexopoulos, "she's really mean, will most likely call you the wrong name, will definitely insult you."