✨one✨

When Crowley woke up, his head hurt, his ears were ringing, and all of his limbs were sore. He felt exhausted, and for some reason his eyes wouldn't open.

"Crowley? Crowley!" Someone was calling his name.

   "Az... ira-fale?" he tried to say, but his mouth felt like cotton.

   "Crowley, please wake up!"

   Crowley mustered all the energy he had, and opened his eyes a little, so they looked like deep yellow slits. He saw Aziraphale in front of him, looking terrified, and he caught a glimpse of a grey wall.

   Groaning, Crowley sat up, his head heavy. Aziraphale gently helped him up to a standing position, holding him sturdy.

   Crowley looked around at the dark, grey room they were in. It looked like a lobby for some sort of shop.

   There was a blue monster painted on the back wall behind a U-shaped desk, its arms noodly and its mouth in a wide grin

   There was a blue monster painted on the back wall behind a U-shaped desk, its arms noodly and its mouth in a wide grin. It was saying 'welcome!' in a welcoming way, but it just unsettled Crowley.

   There was a flash of lightning from the windows on the ceiling, briefly illuminating the large space with white light. The floor was white tile, with the occasional red, blue, or yellow tile.

   It was dark. There were leaves on the floor and water dripping down from a broken ceiling-window.

   "W-where are we?" Crowley asked.

   Aziraphale looked at him with wide hazel eyes. "I think... I think we're in the game, Crowley."

   The demon stared. "Wot?!"

   Aziraphale slowly nodded. "Look out there." He pointed towards the windows. Crowley staggered over and looked out. The grey, stormy sky and the backwards, bubble-letter word 'PLAYTIME CO.' met his gaze.

"No..." Crowley breathed. He looked straight ahead of him, at the line of locked, boarded up, and opaque front doors, and threw himself at them, desperately trying to get out.

No use. Video game doors apparently did not succumb to demonic strength.

   Crowley gave up, panting. He was suddenly aware of something in his back pocket. He took it out. It was a piece of paper, folded at least 8 times, and it was old and yellowed.

   He carefully unfolded it to see the words written in black pen, but his vision was swimming, blurring in and out too much for him to be able to read. He gave to Aziraphale. "I'm too dizzy, I can't read it."

   The angel gave him a worried glance and looked down at the paper. "E-everyone thinks the staff disappeared years ago. We're still here. Find the... the flower." He frowned, looking horrified.

   "What, what's wrong?"

   "They put the apostrophe in the wrong spot on 'we're,' Crowley, it's dreadful to look at."