14

(Actual real life interaction 😱)

Spencer flew over to New York the next weekend when he had time off work. He really needed to speak to Elle about this. It was just past sunset by the time  he had made it to her house.

Knock. Knock. Knock. He banged on the door. It took a few moments but eventually she answered the door.

"Hey I wasn't expecting you until next week Spence," Elle said quietly as she let him in.

"I have time off. We need to talk!" His tone of voice shook Elle to her core. Never had he spoke this way before. Well he had but never ever to her.

"Is this about those stupid ships it's a joke!" She almost matched his tone of voice but she was softer spoken.

"Yes! Yes it is Elle! You take all of these jokes too far and I'm not believing it's a joke anymore. You know how I get when these things happen and I don't find it funny at all. I really thought we understood each other entirely but maybe we aren't that person for each other anymore."

"It is a joke I promise." Elle spoke as tears pricked her eyes. Spencer looked like he could either breakdown any moment or turn into a cold hearted unsub.

She stood across from him longing for forgiveness. She knew he didn't get what is and isn't a joke sometimes but this. In her mind he should know that she loves him and wouldn't want to be with anyone else. It hurt. It hurts them both; that Elle would take the joke so far and that Spencer couldn't see how much she loves him.

"Elle I don't think we're going to work with you keep making these kind of jokes!" He yelled adding extra emphasis on 'jokes'.

"Please don't say that. I love you." Her tears stung her eyes as they streamed down her face. Despite the time they had been together neither of them had actually said that. "I love you Spencer."

He stood in shock at the words that came out of her mouth.